Announcement

Collapse

St Mary’s Children’s Hospital Fund Raiser

Don’t miss out! ——> Link
See more
See less

Brookhaven 11/4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brookhaven 11/4?

    was thinking about heading out there this afternoon to get one last rifle session in before my knee surgery next week. Is it generally really busy Sunday afternoons?

    #2
    This time of year it's more than likely very busy. Just call ahead, they'll talk to you.
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

    Comment


      #3
      Even though I am a day late, it was extremely crowded yesterday with a line outside the range.

      Comment


        #4
        Pre-hunting season sight-ins.

        Comment


          #5
          I’ll be there Thursday

          Comment


            #6
            Dumb question- and I don't hunt. If you haven't touched your rifle or remounted a scope since you last hunted, what is there to re sight in?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Fotheringill View Post
              Dumb question- and I don't hunt. If you haven't touched your rifle or remounted a scope since you last hunted, what is there to re sight in?
              Usually just a double check that nothing has changed. Sometimes people change ammo and have to tweak the gun a little. More importantly it is to practice marksmanship and check equipment for the confidence of a clean ethical kill, or in the politically correct world, harvest.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

                Usually just a double check that nothing has changed. Sometimes people change ammo and have to tweak the gun a little. More importantly it is to practice marksmanship and check equipment for the confidence of a clean ethical kill, or in the politically correct world, harvest.
                Also most hunters clean there guns after the season . That first shot at the range a year later with a clean barrel can be as much as 3" high that's why experienced hunters won't clean there gun again until the end of the season . Besides the fact that I'll usually trip and fall 1/2 dozen times during the season but instincts make me protect my rifle the best I can even if it means I land on my head

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Fotheringill View Post
                  Even though I am a day late, it was extremely crowded yesterday with a line outside the range.
                  I kind of had that feeling and as it turns out, I was too lazy to get my shit together and make the trek out there anyway.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hunters-

                    Thank you for the explanations.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X