Brookhaven 11/4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookhaven 11/4?

was thinking about heading out there this afternoon to get one last rifle session in before my knee surgery next week. Is it generally really busy Sunday afternoons?

This time of year it's more than likely very busy. Just call ahead, they'll talk to you.
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Even though I am a day late, it was extremely crowded yesterday with a line outside the range.

Comment

Pre-hunting season sight-ins.

Comment

I’ll be there Thursday

Comment

Dumb question- and I don't hunt. If you haven't touched your rifle or remounted a scope since you last hunted, what is there to re sight in?

Comment

Originally posted by Fotheringill View Post
              Dumb question- and I don't hunt. If you haven't touched your rifle or remounted a scope since you last hunted, what is there to re sight in?
              Usually just a double check that nothing has changed. Sometimes people change ammo and have to tweak the gun a little. More importantly it is to practice marksmanship and check equipment for the confidence of a clean ethical kill, or in the politically correct world, harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

Usually just a double check that nothing has changed. Sometimes people change ammo and have to tweak the gun a little. More importantly it is to practice marksmanship and check equipment for the confidence of a clean ethical kill, or in the politically correct world, harvest.
                Also most hunters clean there guns after the season . That first shot at the range a year later with a clean barrel can be as much as 3" high that's why experienced hunters won't clean there gun again until the end of the season . Besides the fact that I'll usually trip and fall 1/2 dozen times during the season but instincts make me protect my rifle the best I can even if it means I land on my head

Comment

Originally posted by Fotheringill View Post
                  Even though I am a day late, it was extremely crowded yesterday with a line outside the range.
                  I kind of had that feeling and as it turns out, I was too lazy to get my shit together and make the trek out there anyway.

Comment

Hunters-

Thank you for the explanations.

Comment

Working...
                    X