Clays at Calverton?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clays at Calverton?

Anyone know if you can still throw your own clays at Calverton. It's been probably 30 years since I last did.
    NRA Life member

yes

Comment

...but instead of having one of the back pits to yourself, you will be sharing the big front pit with two to four other groups. If you can set up on the far left of car right, that's the safest. (Only one side to watch.)

Comment

I believe Harry also expects you clean up after yourselves (shell casings.) It also pretty expensive considering its your own clays, a treacherous drive down the hill, and was $18. each. although I hardly hit any, I definitely think Brookhaven, even for non-residents, is a much better deal.

Comment

...or Suffolk County Clays if you are on the south shore.

Comment

I'm a fan of yaphank clays

Comment

$8 a game Trap/skeet at either Brookhaven or Suffolk trap and skeet. Don’t have worry about getting shot at and humping clays and equipment

Comment

Suffolk clays or Brookhaven works better for me especially since I'm only good for 3 rounds anyway ,tops 4 and I don't need to do anything but shoot . Maybe if calverton also included using the range in the $18 fee so you can play with other toys it would be good but they don't

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Only reason I was going there was to teach a new shooter along with his dad who is proficient. Thought it would be like the old days where you got your own pit. I much prefer sportys at Yaphank. Although last weekend it was a mud blog & at least 6 throwers were inoperable. Lehigh Valley sporting clays puts Yaphank to shame.
                  NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies. Only reason I was going there was to teach a new shooter along with his dad who is proficient. Thought it would be like the old days where you got your own pit. I much prefer sportys at Yaphank. Although last weekend it was a mud blog & at least 6 throwers were inoperable. Lehigh Valley sporting clays puts Yaphank to shame.
                    Was at yaphank last week in the mud bog as well. We were shocked we made it through the first 5 stations with all throwers working. Got to 6, both down. Was downhill from there. If they put some money and effort into it, it could be a decent spot.
                    Lehigh is the crown jewel!

Comment

You can only throw your own clays at calverton, there's no throwers.
                      I know another user mentioned they want you to clean up your shells, I haven't had that experience yet, shot clays there 4 or 5 times over the last two years. If you go there on a weekday this time of year there's a good chance you will have the whole pit to yourself.
                      It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can read between the lines of their textbooks
                      This world must be witness to revolution every now and then
                      The busted wills and scrapfills of this great nation show you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Schedule a time to go during the week when it warms up.

Comment

I used to take new shooters to Calverton. Now, I take them to one of the other two and have them shoot 15 shots from the high tower and 10 from the low one That way, the clays are all the same shot and they are straight out.

Comment

Working...
                          X