Calverton bench numbering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calverton bench numbering

Serious here. Anyone know the number of the 50 &100 bench that is next to the first (westernmost) 200 yd bench ?

I don't know but will let you know tomorrow. On the 200 side bench #1 is all the way on the south end.

Comment

Yeah its gotta be 11 or so I guess.

Comment

15 if counting from satellite photo is correct.Appears to be 14 200yrd spots.

Comment

Thanks Artburg, I was just about to go into Google Earth Pro myself.
          edited after google earth:
          It appears that the 200 yd targets towards the SW and next to the shorter range benches/targets also have a 100 yd target, maybe 8 of those ?
          My count is 56 benches total. 34 have both a 50 and a 100yd target. 14 only have a 200 yd target. I just can't stand it when I put a target out there only to have the guy next to me start shooting at mine or me shooting at the wrong target. (If we were allowed offhand at Brookhaven...)
          Last edited by pequa1; 04-29-2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Staple red construction paper at the top of your target backer. Then tell everyone around you that that is your target stand. Helps to eliminate crossfire by others.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
              Staple red construction paper at the top of your target backer. Then tell everyone around you that that is your target stand. Helps to eliminate crossfire by others.
              There are plenty of guys that would consider that a challenge!
              LOL
              "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Does it matter? When I'm at the 200 yard I find more holes in my target than what I fired. Either I'm a God or something isn't right.

I like the red construction paper idea.
                “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I use bright colored tape to attach my targets.
                  "Appetites for gun collecting are often whetted by mechanical ingenuity, artistic features, or historical associations." - Norm Flayderman

Comment

That's zoysia and matzahpizza (sic) !!

We were the second and third car on line so we just took the two spots all the way to the right. Even so, I tied yellow ShopRite grocery bags to the post of my 50 and 100. Really nice day there today, maybe only half filled with 20 somethings all the way up to us geezers. Some guy with LaRue Technical jacket, name escapes me, ran the pistol and shotgun range with a bullhorn as a volunteer, shutting down for cease fire every time the rifle range did. Didn't catch his name but I thanked him. I mentioned to the rifle side RO (Walt ?) who later collected for disabled vets, that numbers on the stakes out there would be nice. He acknowledged, but like that is ever going to happen.
                    Last edited by pequa1; 04-30-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X