Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Town of Islip range doesn't suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

    Huh?
    You mentioned that they said slugs only, I was making a joke.
    Sorry, my humor is shite
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
      There are more improvements coming to that range. Angie showed me some of the stuff, but I was running out the door so I didn't get too many details
      Are they going to open it to the fucking residents as much as they close it for LEO only?
      That would be a huge improvement.
      As one of the peasants of Islip that would be rather nice. Even if it is a weird concept to allow the majority of access to the people that actually pay taxes here more access. I know. That's just crazy talk.
      Tag line thanks to @Synner

      He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

        Are they going to open it to the fucking residents as much as they close it for LEO only?
        That would be a huge improvement.
        As one of the peasants of Islip that would be rather nice. Even if it is a weird concept to allow the majority of access to the people that actually pay taxes here more access. I know. That's just crazy talk.
        That is also in the works. They are taking the money Agencies have paid to use the range and putting it in for the improvements
        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

          That is also in the works. They are taking the money Agencies have paid to use the range and putting it in for the improvements
          Been saying this since they started taking in LEO

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by artburg View Post

            Been saying this since they started taking in LEO
            and now the planning is done and they're ready to implement it
            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

              That is also in the works. They are taking the money Agencies have paid to use the range and putting it in for the improvements
              call me a cynic but I’ll believe it when I see it.
              Most likely they are taking the money to make improvements to make the LEO agencies happy and they couldn’t give 2 shits aboupit the taxpayers.
              Im also pretty sure they look at the income they receive from the agencies as positive cash flow but the exhorbinat taxes peasenats like me pay isn’t considered at all.

              they said years ago they were going to increase access for residents and it never happened.
              in fact, their own burecrat stated they were considering closing it more. We were both at the meeting where that happened.
              I know you don’t trust them all that much either, I’m just venting
              happily she was shut down but seriously I don’t think they could make the hours less and still call it a town range.
              what would the hours be? every other Saturday between 1045 and 1400?

              I trust politicians and burecrats less than I trust a heroin addict with my wallet
              Last edited by Aquabach; 12-11-2017, 06:49 PM.
              Tag line thanks to @Synner

              He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

              Comment


                #22
                It's my favorite range. I go there a few times a month. It's only a few miles from my house.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

                  and now the planning is done and they're ready to implement it
                  The only improvements it needs is being open more to town residents.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X