No Irons at 200y at Brookhaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the rules and I will tell you there are no exceptions-

No iron or rimfire, scoped or iron on the 200 yard side. Shoot 100 or 200 on the 200 yard side.

100 yard range- scope or unscoped in any caliber ok- no 50 yard shooting.

50 yard side- 25 or 50 scoped or unscoped only

Comment

Originally posted by Fotheringill View Post

No iron or rimfire, scoped or iron on the 200 yard side. Shoot 100 or 200 on the 200 yard side.

This should be a sticky in the range section.

Comment

well, thats clear as mud.

Comment

Originally posted by 100MPG View Post

well, thats clear as mud.
          Really WTF is that description of the rules lol
          No offense but did you read what you wrote after you wrote it lol

Comment

If I remember correctly -- you cant just walk up to the 200 yrd bench -- they want you to - "Prove" - you can shoot at 100 yrds first -- then they'll let you shoot at 200 ? Maybe ?

Calverton I put up a 8" X 11" target @ 200 yrds. -- covering the entire target with the front pin with my Moist Nugget -- I hit the paper every time -- all over the paper ----- but I hit it ---- you wouldn't want it pinned to your chest -- LOL
            Last edited by Ricekila; 09-03-2019, 07:59 PM.
            NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
              Anyone know if they're back to allowing shooting at the 50 on the 100 yard line yet?
              Not as of last Friday. RO said after they do some berm reconstruction before they can allow it again. My buddy and I wanted to use the 50/100 but used only the 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
                If I remember correctly -- you cant just walk up to the 200 yrd bench -- they want you to - "Prove" - you can shoot at 100 yrds first -- then they'll let you shoot at 200 ? Maybe ?
                What kind of "proof"?

Last time I was at the 100yd line, someone would ask the RO to go to the 200yd area.
                The RO would ask "Are you sighted in at 100?"
                "Yes"
                "OK"

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

What kind of "proof"?

Last time I was at the 100yd line, someone would ask the RO to go to the 200yd area.
                  The RO would ask "Are you sighted in at 100?"
                  "Yes"
                  "OK"

I took his question about proof as in not letting one fly on to 25A --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

#18 and #19

I do humbly apologize for my lack of knowledge of the written English language and defer to both of your obvious superior usage and understanding of the same.

Comment

#18 and #19

I do humbly apologize for my lack of knowledge of the written English language and defer to both of your obvious superior usage and understanding of the same.
                      tanks. bout time i get some respect around dis joint.

Comment

I have reread my original post and still do not see anything that was not clear.

Please tell me what was not clearly stated.

Comment

I have reread my original post and still do not see anything that was not clear.

Please tell me what was not clearly stated.
                          Here's how I read it:

1. You can't shoot iron sighted rifles (centerfire or rimfire) on the 200 yard line. Even scoped rimfire is a no go on the 200 yard line.
                          2. You can shoot scoped centerfire at 100 yards on the 200 yard line. Still no rimfire though.
                          3. Anything goes at the 100 yard line, you just can't shoot 50 yards on the 100 yard line.
                          4. Anything goes on the 50 yard line. You can shoot 25 yards on the 50 yard line.

Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post

Here's how I read it:

1. You can't shoot iron sighted rifles (centerfire or rimfire) on the 200 yard line. Even scoped rimfire is a no go on the 200 yard line.
                            2. You can shoot scoped centerfire at 100 yards on the 200 yard line. Still no rimfire though.
                            3. Anything goes at the 100 yard line, you just can't shoot 50 yards on the 100 yard line.
                            4. Anything goes on the 50 yard line. You can shoot 25 yards on the 50 yard line.

Am I right?
                            Yes. That is correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X