News 12, Islip Town range??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

I do not think it would do us any good to bring more attention to a negligent discharge at the range.
    Antis and neighbors have tried to shut down the range.
    The neighbors biggest complaints is the rapid fire LEOs do during the week.
    At least that;s what was said at the town meeting a few years ago when they were trying to shut it down.

I was at the meeting and spoke up to keep the range and to still allow LEO access but I did make a complaint that it was unfair that the people actually paying for the range , ie the taxpayers, were regulated to less time there than government agencies use it. and we should get some evenings in the summer ( like they used to do) or at least one weekday.
    A woman from the town was actually talking about cutting resident usage to accommodate more law enforcement.
    There were several other residents that echoed my point and the Town did what they always do.
    They didn't give a shit

Making a public stink I think could more likely hurt everyone that uses the range and other ranges here as well.
    If they lease out the range to civilian classes that would be the first thing they cut would be my guess
    IDK- both seem to co-exist at Mitchell...

Comment

Guess he failed huh?

What was it that Mr Miyagi said to Daniel LaRusso?
      “No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.”

MrMiyagi.jpg
      Nah, you're not teaching safety in an 8 hour class to people you never met. You generally hope they bring that with them and you spend the time teaching them the good stuff.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Nah, you're not teaching safety in an 8 hour class to people you never met. You generally hope they bring that with them and you spend the time teaching them the good stuff.
        Dan. That was a joke
        My Miyagi was even laughing
        "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Dan. That was a joke
          My Miyagi was even laughing
          Lol, I know. Just in-case others didn't.
          "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Working...
          X