Trap at Brookhaven ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trap at Brookhaven ?

Think I want to practice breaking some clays. Has anyone shot trap at Brookhaven? How is it setup ? If you go by yourself, is there someone there to launch the birds ?

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
    Think I want to practice breaking some clays. Has anyone shot trap at Brookhaven? How is it setup ? If you go by yourself, is there someone there to launch the birds ?
    I shoot there once a week.
    Drive in the entrance, drive past the rifle range line, park in front of the office. Inside the office buy your paper tickets.
    Get back in the car and drive to the trap and skeet fields a hundred yards farther down the road. In the two-story shed building the man in charge will tell you which field you will be shooting on.

You will not have to pull your own. You will be directed to join one of the fields in use already, a puller will be there for you.

It is always a good time.
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Then after a round of trap, shoot a round of skeet.

Comment

Or, better yet, head out to Suffolk Clays in Yaphank and shoot some Sporting Clays - and wonder why you ever bothered with Trap in the first place.
        NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
          Or, better yet, head out to Suffolk Clays in Yaphank and shoot some Sporting Clays - and wonder why you ever bothered with Trap in the first place.
          Go To Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays and you won't want to shoot clays at Yaphank ever again
          "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

LI Ammo hit the nail on the head. Brookhaven is perfectly fine for what you're looking for.
            I would argue there's better places to go for clays, but you will not be disappointed with Brookhaven.
            It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
            This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
            We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
            Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post
              I shoot sporting clays there over the winter with a buddy of mine. I wanted to combine some clay busting practice with a trip to the rifle range which is why I was thinking Brookhaven.

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post
                LI Ammo hit the nail on the head. Brookhaven is perfectly fine for what you're looking for.
                I would argue there's better places to go for clays, but you will not be disappointed with Brookhaven.
                I also shoot at Yaphank, but I don't really like that the fifth trap position is apparently falling down into a sinkhole.. The pavement is no longer flat and it's very bothersome. I already have one damaged leg on my left side that makes it hard for me to stand, I can't also have the handicap of the right side falling away. I might as well shoot from a chair on the fifth position.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Go To Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays and you won't want to shoot clays at Yaphank ever again
                  FYI from Lehigh Valley's calendar page.

Monday November 11th, 2019 – Veterans Day – Veterans receive 100 free targets
                  NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

FYI from Lehigh Valley's calendar page.

Monday November 11th, 2019 – Veterans Day – Veterans receive 100 free targets
                    Awesome. I didn't know that and I'm already going there veterans day.
                    I'll ask
                    ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO and i are going. Place is 1st rate
                    I

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

I also shoot at Yaphank, but I don't really like that the fifth trap position is apparently falling down into a sinkhole.. The pavement is no longer flat and it's very bothersome. I already have one damaged leg on my left side that makes it hard for me to stand, I can't also have the handicap of the right side falling away. I might as well shoot from a chair on the fifth position.

Yeah, it's getting rather run down.
                      I stay outside the box on # 5. it hurts my already bad leg.
                      It's a shame yet we are lucky to have the place in this liberal cesspool that we live.
                      The people working there are always nice at least but i wish they'd fix the place up a little bit

Comment

Awesome. I didn't know that and I'm already going there veterans day.
                        I'll ask
                        ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO and i are going. Place is 1st rate
                        I
                        I think I'm going Monday as well.
                        NRA Life member

Comment

I think I'm going Monday as well.
                          We got a cart reserved for 0930. Want to join us?

Comment

We got a cart reserved for 0930. Want to join us?
                            I'd love to but I think we already have 4 in our group. Maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch.
                            NRA Life member

Comment

I'd love to but I think we already have 4 in our group. Maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch.
                              We're going to be in Lehighton first and will have breakfast there but lunch is a possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X