Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when our rulers will reopen Yaphank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

LOL
    I called and got a ringing phone.
    I called Yaphank and obviously Suffolk too.
    I figured since everyone is telling me to call they can get off their lazy asses and dial the fucking number themselves.
    My phone service has been disconnected so I cannot call.

JK
    let's make america great again

Comment

LOL
      I called and got a ringing phone.
      I called Yaphank and obviously Suffolk too.
      I figured since everyone is telling me to call they can get off their lazy asses and dial the fucking number themselves.
      Also I have a pet peeve about businesses that don;t have the courtesy to update their answering message so I'm done
      Me too. It's not like we're talking 21st century technology.

And since this is the biggest government shutdown in recorded history, there's certainly been time and reason to record a new message.

Comment

Just had a conversation with a frequent patron of Yaphank (Sporting Clays). He says Mark could actually open the place right now if he chose but he doesn't want to bother fixing what needs fixing.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
          Just had a conversation with a frequent patron of Yaphank (Sporting Clays). He says Mark could actually open the place right now if he chose but he doesn't want to bother fixing what needs fixing.
          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

That would be a shame.
            I feel extra bad for the kids that work there.

But isn't he losing money by staying closed?
            I 'm sure he's had to fight the antis to stay open and that drains your spirit as well as your wallet but if he's spent a lot of $ doing that why would he just leave it closed now?

ETA. I'm thinking that's not true. Doesn;t seem like they've fixed much in the last few years and they still stayed open.
            LOL
            "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

That would be a shame.
              I feel extra bad for the kids that work there.

But isn't he losing money by staying closed?
              I 'm sure he's had to fight the antis to stay open and that drains your spirit as well as your wallet but if he's spent a lot of $ doing that why would he just leave it closed now?

ETA. I'm thinking that's not true. Doesn;t seem like they've fixed much in the last few years and they still stayed open.
              LOL
              The way I was told.... the range exists as a concession. They don't own the land. The town does. BUT....... the family that gave the land to the town stipulated that the range always exist.
              If it ceases to be a range the land reverts back to the family. It seems to me the best thing that could happen would be if Mark sells the concession to someone who is genuinely interested in running the place as it should be run.

Comment

The way I was told.... the range exists as a concession. They don't own the land. The town does. BUT....... the family that gave the land to the town stipulated that the range always exist.
                If it ceases to be a range the land reverts back to the family. It seems to me the best thing that could happen would be if Mark sells the concession to someone who is genuinely interested in running the place as it should be run.
                LIGC Trap & Skeet & Sporting Clays.
                And private jet

Comment

LIGC Trap & Skeet & Sporting Clays.
                  And private jet
                  Although that would be awesome to see happen, we are already broke enough now with lack of donations as it is. I see plenty of names in black that spend a lot of time on here, enjoying the highly intelectual type conversations that develope on a daily basis, as well as use the buy/sell section to offload stuff or buy some good deals.

But I agree 110% though, it is a shame that they are still closed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Although that would be awesome to see happen, we are already broke enough now with lack of donations as it is. I see plenty of names in black that spend a lot of time on here, enjoying the highly intelectual type conversations that develope on a daily basis, as well as use the buy/sell section to offload stuff or buy some good deals.

But I agree 110% though, it is a shame that they are still closed.
                    Cheap fuckers should not be allowed to post
                    If you are here and have posted 100 times and you're too cheap to [pony up $20 you are a piece of shit.

Comment

It's COUNTY not town and it was given to the COUNTY by a defunct gun club not a family

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

It's COUNTY not town and it was given to the COUNTY by a defunct gun club not a family
                        I’m just reporting what I was told today.

Comment

TOTALLY UNTRUE

Mark is waiting for the County to give the OK after the scumbag in Albany let's his grip on the states economical throat go.
                          With everything that Mark went through to get the range opened to start with and then stay open amidst opposition all these years despite getting summonsed to fucking death, hes not going to stay closed so he doesn't have to not fix things.

That frequent shooter is full of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

TOTALLY UNTRUE

Mark is waiting for the County to give the OK after the scumbag in Albany let's his grip on the states economical throat go.
                            With everything that Mark went through to get the range opened to start with and then stay open amidst opposition all these years despite getting summonsed to fucking death, hes not going to stay closed so he doesn't have to not fix things.

I wouldn’t be surprised. But him and the two he shoots with practically live at the range so I figured he should know what he was talking about. Lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

TOTALLY UNTRUE

Finally the real story from someone who works there. Hopefully they give the approval soon. Makes no sense that golf courses, tennis, beaches, parks, all outdoor venues, are opening. But shooting trap or skeet outdoors, in groups of 5 or less, is a problem. You know there are probably politics behind the delay. There always are when it comes to anything gun related.
                              Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                              Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Who owned the gun club?

Comment

Working...
                                X