Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when our rulers will reopen Yaphank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
    Just had a conversation with a frequent patron of Yaphank (Sporting Clays). He says Mark could actually open the place right now if he chose but he doesn't want to bother fixing what needs fixing.
    This is TOTAL BS. I do not understand how anyone would rely on hearsay information as to the current status and pass along such false information, when everyone knows they can just call me at Hunter Sports and ask. The Range has been closed down at the direction of the Governor of NYS, and the county makes their decisions based upon the edict of the state. We have spent in excess of $850.000 in legal fees alone (not even counting the hundreds of thousands of dollars of improvements) additionally employing many people.I'm not quite sure what is meant by "not fixing what needs fixing" as we are continuously maintaining our equipment. We run a professional operation and will continue to do so! Any time you want information from the horses mouth, call the horse!

Comment

Who owned the gun club?
      Not hard to find

The Suffolk County Trap and Skeet range began life on Gerard Road as the "Nassau Gun Club" back in 1954 and existed as a private gun club for about ten years until the County assumed ownership of the land under eminent domain around 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Not hard to find

The Suffolk County Trap and Skeet range began life on Gerard Road as the "Nassau Gun Club" back in 1954 and existed as a private gun club for about ten years until the County assumed ownership of the land under eminent domain around 1964.
        So... my friend's story about the land reverting back to the original owner's family if the range ever closed is just more BS. I gotta learn to stop listening to him.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Just had a conversation with a frequent patron of Yaphank (Sporting Clays). He says Mark could actually open the place right now if he chose but he doesn't want to bother fixing what needs fixing.
          Did he speak to Mark ? Or more conjecture based on his own speculation?

Comment

So... my friend's story about the land reverting back to the original owner's family if the range ever closed is just more BS. I gotta learn to stop listening to him.
            Time to call him out on his theories.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post

Time to call him out on his theories.
              His stories have gone on for too long. I think I've missed any reasonable window.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterSports View Post

This is TOTAL BS. I do not understand how anyone would rely on hearsay information as to the current status and pass along such false information, when everyone knows they can just call me at Hunter Sports and ask. The Range has been closed down at the direction of the Governor of NYS, and the county makes their decisions based upon the edict of the state. We have spent in excess of $850.000 in legal fees alone (not even counting the hundreds of thousands of dollars of improvements) additionally employing many people.I'm not quite sure what is meant by "not fixing what needs fixing" as we are continuously maintaining our equipment. We run a professional operation and will continue to do so! Any time you want information from the horses mouth, call the horse!
                What a fucken shame what this cesspool does ..
                State wants to choke every business and just wants people's money..

Comment

Originally posted by HunterSports View Post

The guys I reference are at the range very often and I'm sure you'd know them by name or by sight. Only one told me this story. I didn't ask in the first place, Discussing the range was his idea not mine. I didn't ask for any info on the range. I've got no axe to grind with you since I've only been there a few times a few years ago. My cross dominance made it a bit frustrating but that's another story. My only mistake was believing what I was told by I guy I've known for decades. He's really into the sport (as are the other two) and I had no reason to doubt him.

Comment

Hey mark can’t wait till you open. I hope it’s soon.
                    I think Wednesday is phase one for Long Island
                    let's make america great again

Comment

Cumhole sux no reason Yapank should be shut..Cumholes an asshole..Social distance bullshit can easily be done at Yapank..Safer then a supermarket

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                        Hey mark can’t wait till you open. I hope it’s soon.
                        I think Wednesday is phase one for Long Island
                        I don't know about phases. I've been watching this daily. Cuhomo's BS metrics say if we don't have enough WuFlu spies... we don't get the green light.

Comment

How far apart are those shooting positions on the trap range?

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
                            It’s outdoors. None of this should matter!

Comment

For those that think this is just Cuomo and this liberal shithole, Lehigh Sporting Clays in PA is also closed By their Democrat Governor
                              "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
                                Trap stations are 9 feet apart. Skeet stations are 26 feet 8- 3/8" apart. That's further than Cumhole is away from anyone he has interaction with while not wearing his mask.
                                WHAT A SCUMBAG........

Comment

Working...
                                X