Calverton sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calverton sunday

was planning to hit calverton with a friend Sunday morning. Haven't been there since this craziness started. still every other table? masks, no masks? how's it been,??

Every other table, they were not enforcing you wearing masks or anything like that. Its been crazy packed so get their early.

Comment

When I went last Monday (maybe 2 Mondays ago the days seem to be blending together). I only saw one person wearing a mask on the pistol side. There’s enough distance that I really don’t feel it’s necessary. I can’t shoot like that because I need my glasses and they’ll fog up terribly with a mask on.

Comment

No Masks enforcement but plenty were wearing one. There were a few with no masks. Every other table was on the rifle side from what I could see. On the shotgun side, I saw ppl shooting on every table (the tables are roughly 6 ft apart to begin with) as it got crowded. I waited for a table to clear up before I started shooting and I wore my bandana mask. Take what precautions you deem necessary as we don't want the town officials chasing to close it down again.

Comment

thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Just stopped by a few minutes ago. Line was so long I couldn't even get in view of the booth. I've never seen it so packed.

Comment

Originally posted by cybergrid View Post
              No Masks enforcement but plenty were wearing one. There were a few with no masks. Every other table was on the rifle side from what I could see. On the shotgun side, I saw ppl shooting on every table (the tables are roughly 6 ft apart to begin with) as it got crowded. I waited for a table to clear up before I started shooting and I wore my bandana mask. Take what precautions you deem necessary as we don't want the town officials chasing to close it down again.
              I'm sorry, but what you say isn't accurate.

There are a few shotgun slug lanes on the pistol side. The shotgun side would be the pit way to the right where they shoot "trap".

The tables on the pistol side are mostly connected. I have never seen more than a few shotgunners there recently, but I always go when it's not crowded in the afternoon.

Town officials won't (and can't) chase you out or close it down for not wearing masks, only for not enforcing social distancing regulations.

Harry could require them, but then it wouldn't be Calverton.

King Cuomo's order does not require wearing masks. It requires having masks with you and putting them on when social distancing is impossible.

Don't give up more of your rights than you must, and don't encourage others to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom71 View Post
                was planning to hit calverton with a friend Sunday morning. Haven't been there since this craziness started. still every other table? masks, no masks? how's it been,??
                No masks required. Shooting at every other point. every

Go have fun and breathe the sweet smell of freedom (AKA gun smoke).

Comment

Originally posted by RayK-47 View Post
                  Just stopped by a few minutes ago. Line was so long I couldn't even get in view of the booth. I've never seen it so packed.
                  God bless America!

Hopefully it will be even busier tomorrow!

Comment

Didn’t go to calverton this weekend but shot about 2k rounds the past 3 days upstate. Beautiful weather for shooting this weekend. Calverton must have been a madhouse Friday-today.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NG9588; 05-24-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Way to windy for me to even think about Calverton today. Tomorrow’s a different story though. I may go real early and wait on line for two hours before they open. It’s a Monday so I would assume they still open at 10 even though it’s a holiday

Comment

Im down to go tomorrow if they're open

Comment

I was there Friday and arrived about 8:20. Was ninth on line. By 10 the line was beyond my sight line. Busy and full all day . Left at 2:30ish and counted 18 cars on line at the admission booth.

Comment

Drove by Friday morning around 10, the line was only 1 car out on the roadway. Passed by about half hour later and there were easily an additional 40+ cars on line.

Comment

Working...
                            X