Calverton 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calverton 7/12

Anybody feel like going out to Calverton on Sunday 7/12 and showing a noob the ropes on the rifle range?

Would love to but I will be in PA for a pistol class Saturday, followed by a long drove home so Sunday would be tough. I may be going there with a buddy on Monday.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by jfor0305 View Post
      Anybody feel like going out to Calverton on Sunday 7/12 and showing a noob the ropes on the rifle range?
      Did you end up going? Let me know if you want to head out sometime to Calverton or Mitchel. Love the Roof Korean avatar. They sell some awesome looking patches for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Otingocni View Post

Did you end up going? Let me know if you want to head out sometime to Calverton or Mitchel. Love the Roof Korean avatar. They sell some awesome looking patches for them.
        I did end up going after work. I got there about 3 and shot til they closed up around 5. Got about 200 rounds down range. The 50/100 was completely full so all I had to shoot on the 100. I had a little difficulty zeroing in the reflex and iron sights I have since the binoculars I have are apparently not strong enough to see that far. So I had to just lob some rounds down range and wait til a ceasefire to see where they went. It was a pain, but at least was hitting paper. For the first time at a range I had a pretty good time and I managed not to get yelled at by the RO or anyone else for doing anything stupid. I definitely want to go again soon and maybe hop onto the 50 to try and get a rough zero in then go out to 100. I'm thinking this weekend going back to Calverton, I'm down to meetup if you want.

Comment

I did end up going after work. I got there about 3 and shot til they closed up around 5. Got about 200 rounds down range. The 50/100 was completely full so all I had to shoot on the 100. I had a little difficulty zeroing in the reflex and iron sights I have since the binoculars I have are apparently not strong enough to see that far. So I had to just lob some rounds down range and wait til a ceasefire to see where they went. It was a pain, but at least was hitting paper. For the first time at a range I had a pretty good time and I managed not to get yelled at by the RO or anyone else for doing anything stupid. I definitely want to go again soon and maybe hop onto the 50 to try and get a rough zero in then go out to 100. I'm thinking this weekend going back to Calverton, I'm down to meetup if you want.
          I want to try to get there this weekend. Or maybe Brookhaven where there is some shade.
          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
          Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I'm def down. I never thought about binoculars! Duh! Time to give more money to Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Otingocni View Post

I'm def down. I never thought about binoculars! Duh! Time to give more money to Amazon
              Get a spotting scope. (Expensive hobby. Somebody shoulda warned ya'all)
              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

Get a spotting scope. (Expensive hobby. Somebody shoulda warned ya'all)
                thanks for the suggest. worth every penny.
                I'm planning to pattern my 12ga at Calverton so shouldn't need one this weekend. I hear its one of few places that'll let you shoot buckshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

I want to try to get there this weekend. Or maybe Brookhaven where there is some shade.
                  Planning to go out to Calverton with Otingocni at some point on Sunday 7/19. The more the merrier!

Comment

Has anybody been to Calverton on a MONDAY? If so how was the wait time? Crowds?
                    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                    Nick Charles: No.
                    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                      Yes, but it was at least a month ago and it was crowded with a long wait.
                      Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I,m wondering too. My kids want to go and Monday's work great for everyone. Wish Freeport had a once in a blue moon take your family to the range day.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
                          I'm planning on going this Monday. I'll report back with how bad it was. I'm hoping with everyone returning to work over the past month or so it wont be too bad.

Comment

So did anybody get to Calverton Monday? If so how was it?
                            Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                            Nick Charles: No.
                            Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                            Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                            -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Working...
                            X