No announcement yet.

Caldwell Lead Sled at the Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that the lead sled would enhance safety when shooting from a bench.

Comment

They are used frequently at Brookhaven. It is no different than using a front and rear rest other than it being one piece.

Comment

They only request (at Crookhaven) when using the sled if standing behind the rifle to have 1 knee on the bench seat
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

Even that doesn't matter, as long as you're seated. No standing, kneeling or prone. But you can shoot from the shoulder if you;re seated. You don't have to use the bench.
          I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what is their reason for wanting you seated to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what is their reason for wanting you seated to shoot?
            I don't know. I suppose you're just less likely to sweep? They don't give reasons.
            To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Not certain but I think it has to do with the low awning. Standing might make it more likely that a putt will shoot the awning. I have a vague recollection of them telling me that but wouldn’t bet on it.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I don't know. I suppose you're just less likely to sweep? They don't give reasons.
                Either of these could be correct. Neither doesn't make sense. Thanks.

Comment

Either of these could be correct. Neither doesn't make sense. Thanks.
                  Damn my inability to double-quote!

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

Not certain but I think it has to do with the low awning. Standing might make it more likely that a putt will shoot the awning. I have a vague recollection of them telling me that but wouldn’t bet on it.
                    It's a "no blue sky" range. You can't see the top of the berms, so theoretically, a bullet can't escape the range. Look at the support posts and the overhead. They're all shot to hell. WTF are people aiming at?!!

They really get pissed when they hear a clang from someone hitting a target holder.

To be human is to be armed.

Comment

It's a "no blue sky" range. You can't see the top of the berms, so theoretically, a bullet can't escape the range. Look at the support posts and the overhead. They're all shot to hell. WTF are people aiming at?!!

They really get pissed when they hear a clang from someone hitting a target holder.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people shoot the ceiling. I wonder if they can't aim AT ALL, if it was a negligent discharge, if it was recoil they couldn't control followed by an early second squeeze, etc. I've done some stupid things at ranges in my life, but I have never shot the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X