Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should I go with Mitchell closed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should I go with Mitchell closed...

Hi,
    I've wanted to try out other indoor ranges but just kept going to my own only over and and over and now I have no where to go!

So I was just wondering if anything is wrong with the Islip, DSI or Medford range and if one is recommended over the other or just all fine.

I want to shoot a "new" military rifle I acquired and cant always get way out east for the nice outdoor distances.

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS all!

Hempstead, Roosevelt and New Cassel after 9pm are outdoors and free. You will blend right in to the background noise.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Hmm I never went THAT way, always east ha, sounds like an adventure from what I know of those spots!

Comment

I’ve only been to DSI once during a Walther pistol event. As I recall it is short and expensive but otherwise a nice facility, just expect amy visit there to be ridiculed and maligned here. South Shore Sports Man in Islip is nice. Pretty big. Also on the pricy side compared to MF as I recall. A bunch of guys here go there for a meet up on a regular basis. I am unfamiliar with Medford. Isn’t it a private club?
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
          ...... I am unfamiliar with Medford. Isn’t it a private club?
          The Range in Medford is not private. It’s owned by Bensons Gun Shop. Haven’t been there in a while so not sure on pricing.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
          President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

South Shore Shooting Range is the newest range on the Island. Clean, well lit, state of the art backstop and ventilation. Only maybe about 20-30 minutes from MF. Maybe a bit more than MF's non-resident rate, but worth it. They've put a lot of money into the place, but it's the best open to the public indoor range around. 51 feet/17 yards beats shooting in DSI's closet.

https://www.ssshootingrange.com/
            Steve

Comment

Try Freeport but you need to join on Sunday mornings, offers indoor and outdoor ranges. Glen Cove, Bethpage R&R are private require a sponsor, keep no waiting lists. so its MF or calverton or Brooklnhaven
              stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

In the same boat, unfortunately South Shore range is closed until Jan. 6. Was also thinking about using Medford for the next week or so. Never been there but passed it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                  South Shore Shooting Range is the newest range on the Island. Clean, well lit, state of the art backstop and ventilation. Only maybe about 20-30 minutes from MF. Maybe a bit more than MF's non-resident rate, but worth it. They've put a lot of money into the place, but it's the best open to the public indoor range around. 51 feet/17 yards beats shooting in DSI's closet.
                  This right here. DSI isn't even an option, South Shore Shooting Range is the correct choice.
                  But won't be open til January 6th.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Cannot shoot rifle calibers (except .22) at Medford.

Comment

I believe Mitchell re-opened this morning. Call to verify...

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                        I believe Mitchell re-opened this morning. Call to verify...
                        If it's true, best surprise Christmas gift from Nassau County ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Otingocni View Post

If it's true, best surprise Christmas gift from Nassau County ever!
                          Let's not get carried away.
                          Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X