Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brookhaven Rifle ---- Standing up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brookhaven Rifle ---- Standing up.

    I spent at hour at Brookhaven, standing up, doing target acquisition with my hunting rifle. The action was open, & my finger was never on the trigger. Just practicing for hunting season. No one said anything nasty, so I kept doing it.
    Do you think they would let me shoot standing up ???

    #2
    No
    Steve

    Comment


      #3
      Shoot standing up?! Oh the humanity!

      In all honesty...nope, don't think so, but what have you got to lose?
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

      Comment


        #4
        Negatory.
        I'm guessing it's just policy.
        But I'm also guessing - well, take a look at the far end of the overhead.
        I mean - who shoots that? Damn thing is shot to shit.
        THAT'S why we can't have anything nice!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by pandm View Post
          Negatory.
          I'm guessing it's just policy.
          But I'm also guessing - well, take a look at the far end of the overhead.
          I mean - who shoots that? Damn thing is shot to shit.
          THAT'S why we can't have anything nice!
          Im more concerned who shot the wood right in front of the bench. That's where scary shooters are hitting

          Comment


            #6
            You'd probably be able to do it once, lol.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

              Im more concerned who shot the wood right in front of the bench. That's where scary shooters are hitting
              Maybe they need to aim higher? Perhaps letting them shoot standing.... Ohhhhhh never mind.....
              NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

                Im more concerned who shot the wood right in front of the bench. That's where scary shooters are hitting
                Don't blame me, I haven't been there in years!
                SHADAP VARMINT!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post

                  Don't blame me, I haven't been there in years!
                  Probably some of my fellow liberals who limp wristed their ARs while they were getting PTSD

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The only public place I've seen on LI you can stand and shoot long gun is Calverton. And even then it's just .22 or SG at 50yds.
                    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                    Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                      The only public place I've seen on LI you can stand and shoot long gun is Calverton. And even then it's just .22 or SG at 50yds.
                      You can shoot all the standing long gun you want at Mitchel.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

                        You can shoot all the standing long gun you want at Mitchel.
                        This is true. I've shot my AR and pretty much whatever else I wanted at Calverton while standing too.
                        “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

                          You can shoot all the standing long gun you want at Mitchel.
                          True. Forgot about that. Been a long time since I've been there.
                          I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                          Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by LiDad View Post

                            True. Forgot about that. Been a long time since I've been there.
                            Guarantee you it hasn't changed much. Still got freaking 1950's manual reel-in target holders with clips. Fucking Nassau County won't put any money into it.
                            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

                            Comment


                              #15
                              30 Yards standing up is nice at Mitchell Field. But it doesn't help much for hunting season practice. Especially since I'm sighted in at 100

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X