Brookhaven Rifle ---- Standing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookhaven Rifle ---- Standing up.

I spent at hour at Brookhaven, standing up, doing target acquisition with my hunting rifle. The action was open, & my finger was never on the trigger. Just practicing for hunting season. No one said anything nasty, so I kept doing it.
    Do you think they would let me shoot standing up ???

No
    Steve

Comment

Shoot standing up?! Oh the humanity!

In all honesty...nope, don't think so, but what have you got to lose?
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Negatory.
        I'm guessing it's just policy.
        But I'm also guessing - well, take a look at the far end of the overhead.
        I mean - who shoots that? Damn thing is shot to shit.
        THAT'S why we can't have anything nice!

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
          Negatory.
          I'm guessing it's just policy.
          But I'm also guessing - well, take a look at the far end of the overhead.
          I mean - who shoots that? Damn thing is shot to shit.
          THAT'S why we can't have anything nice!
          Im more concerned who shot the wood right in front of the bench. That's where scary shooters are hitting

Comment

You'd probably be able to do it once, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

Im more concerned who shot the wood right in front of the bench. That's where scary shooters are hitting
              Maybe they need to aim higher? Perhaps letting them shoot standing.... Ohhhhhh never mind.....
              NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

Don't blame me, I haven't been there in years!
                SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post

Don't blame me, I haven't been there in years!
                  Probably some of my fellow liberals who limp wristed their ARs while they were getting PTSD

Comment

The only public place I've seen on LI you can stand and shoot long gun is Calverton. And even then it's just .22 or SG at 50yds.
                    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                      The only public place I've seen on LI you can stand and shoot long gun is Calverton. And even then it's just .22 or SG at 50yds.
                      You can shoot all the standing long gun you want at Mitchel.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

This is true. I've shot my AR and pretty much whatever else I wanted at Calverton while standing too.
                        “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

True. Forgot about that. Been a long time since I've been there.
                          I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

True. Forgot about that. Been a long time since I've been there.
                            Guarantee you it hasn't changed much. Still got freaking 1950's manual reel-in target holders with clips. Fucking Nassau County won't put any money into it.

Comment

30 Yards standing up is nice at Mitchell Field. But it doesn't help much for hunting season practice. Especially since I'm sighted in at 100

Comment

Working...
                              X