Calverton busy these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calverton busy these days?

Got a call from my old man. He's itching to bust some clays in the shotgun pit out at Calverton. This will be both our first time back since the pandemic started. Not sure what to expect when we show up. We plan to get there on Saturday when they open. Anyone been out there recently? Crowded?

A couple weeks ago, there were six people on line at 6:30 AM. By 8:00 AM, the line was to the gate. By opening time, it was well down the road (and I'm sure some locals saw that and left).

I'd consider getting there after lunch instead.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised based on ammo prices. I won't be giving up my stockpile on target shooting when I might need it for the Zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus View Post
        I'm kind of surprised based on ammo prices. I won't be giving up my stockpile on target shooting when I might need it for the Zombie apocalypse.
        ^^^THIS^^^

Comment

That'd be awesome if they're orange flying zombies, you'd really get that bang for the buck with your ammo.

Comment

Come on now - most of us could shoot at least monthly for years and still have more than enough for the zombie apocalypse.

...but if we want to enjoy our time before the world changed and be able to make those headshots during the zombie apocalypse, we need to "waste" ammo at the range occasionally.

Comment

went there 2 sundays ago and the line was out to the road
              waited about a half hour to make progress and finally got to cut the line for pistol
              a lot more people then you would expect

Comment

The, your stockpile is a stash, not a stockpile. Buy more ammo and go shooting..........

Comment

• Augustus
                  Augustus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use my excess $ to buy lumber 🙃

Maybe shoot one box of your centerfire. But .22? Hey, go nuts. Ammo will make a comeback. Always does.
                "Appetites for gun collecting are often whetted by mechanical ingenuity, artistic features, or historical associations." - Norm Flayderman

Comment

Was a great day on Saturday. We got onsite about 40 minutes prior to opening and were the 17th or 18th car online. Behind us filled in quickly. Most folks were on the pistol/rifle side, The shotgun pit was pretty quiet. Just the way we like it.

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
                    Was a great day on Saturday. We got onsite about 40 minutes prior to opening and were the 17th or 18th car online. Behind us filled in quickly. Most folks were on the pistol/rifle side, The shotgun pit was pretty quiet. Just the way we like it.
                    No idiots with 18.5" SD shotguns trying to shoot clays with slugs?

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

once upon a time at Calverton you could take an old tube tv out to the 50 yd line and shoot the crap outta it. 4ft. grandma RO would help you if you were using an M1 Garand (one of her favorites)....

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

once upon a time at Calverton you could take an old tube tv out to the 50 yd line and shoot the crap outta it. 4ft. grandma RO would help you if you were using an M1 Garand (one of her favorites)....
                        I remember taking steel buckets, bottles, teddy bears and other assorted garbage out there to shoot. That was Mary in the tower with bullhorn.

Comment

Sometimes for shits and giggles we try to hit clays with the shockwave upstate LOL

Comment

I remember taking steel buckets, bottles, teddy bears and other assorted garbage out there to shoot. That was Mary in the tower with bullhorn.
                            I remember Nellie being in that tower.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                            President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Working...
                            X