X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1ke
    replied
    Originally posted by raceradam View Post

No idiots with 18.5" SD shotguns trying to shoot clays with slugs?
    Actually there was a group that had about 7-8 shotguns, among them were 2 SD guns and one Shockwave. Thankfully they were using shot and not slugs. The Shockwave got put away quickly when they realized they couldn't hit a damn thing with it.

Leave a comment:

• LIBIGLOU
    replied
    Back in the 80's I remember someone pulling out an old fridge from a pick up and putting it down range. He then went to every firing point and told everyone when the line goes hot aim at the fridge. This was the hey day of military surplus so everything from ak's to M1'S were on that line plus a smattering of 12 gauge shotguns. When nellie gave the command . something close to 50 rifles and shotguns were trained on that fridge. It just disintegrated. Everyone had a huge smile on there faces. Then Nellie borrowed an M1 and she got her licks in too. Those were some fun days. So many cool people talking guns and shooting. Very common for someone to let you try his gun. Closet thing now is freeport.

Leave a comment:

• raceradam
    replied
    Originally posted by VietVet View Post

I remember Nellie being in that tower.
    My friend said her name was Mary and we always called her that! Oh well! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by NG9588 View Post

Sometimes for shits and giggles we try to hit clays with the shockwave upstate LOL
    I've always wanted to try hitting clays with a 9mm pistol. I think I could do it eventually.

It would be like Daniel-san catching a fly with chopsticks - I'd have beginner's luck but never be able to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• VietVet
    replied

I remember taking steel buckets, bottles, teddy bears and other assorted garbage out there to shoot. That was Mary in the tower with bullhorn.
    I remember Nellie being in that tower.

Leave a comment:

• NG9588
    replied

Sometimes for shits and giggles we try to hit clays with the shockwave upstate LOL

Leave a comment:

• raceradam
    replied
    Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

once upon a time at Calverton you could take an old tube tv out to the 50 yd line and shoot the crap outta it. 4ft. grandma RO would help you if you were using an M1 Garand (one of her favorites)....
    I remember taking steel buckets, bottles, teddy bears and other assorted garbage out there to shoot. That was Mary in the tower with bullhorn.

Leave a comment:

• SemiAutoFetish
    replied

once upon a time at Calverton you could take an old tube tv out to the 50 yd line and shoot the crap outta it. 4ft. grandma RO would help you if you were using an M1 Garand (one of her favorites)....

Leave a comment:

• raceradam
    replied
    Originally posted by M1ke View Post
    Was a great day on Saturday. We got onsite about 40 minutes prior to opening and were the 17th or 18th car online. Behind us filled in quickly. Most folks were on the pistol/rifle side, The shotgun pit was pretty quiet. Just the way we like it.

Leave a comment:

• M1ke
    replied
    Was a great day on Saturday. We got onsite about 40 minutes prior to opening and were the 17th or 18th car online. Behind us filled in quickly. Most folks were on the pistol/rifle side, The shotgun pit was pretty quiet. Just the way we like it.

Leave a comment:

• Augustus
    commented on 's reply
    I use my excess $ to buy lumber 🙃

• TargetEater
    replied
    Maybe shoot one box of your centerfire. But .22? Hey, go nuts. Ammo will make a comeback. Always does.

Leave a comment:

• Loadingdockman
    replied
    Originally posted by Augustus View Post
    I'm kind of surprised based on ammo prices. I won't be giving up my stockpile on target shooting when I might need it for the Zombie apocalypse.
    The, your stockpile is a stash, not a stockpile. Buy more ammo and go shooting..........

Leave a comment:

• advise429
    replied
    went there 2 sundays ago and the line was out to the road
    waited about a half hour to make progress and finally got to cut the line for pistol
    a lot more people then you would expect

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Augustus View Post
    I'm kind of surprised based on ammo prices. I won't be giving up my stockpile on target shooting when I might need it for the Zombie apocalypse.
    Come on now - most of us could shoot at least monthly for years and still have more than enough for the zombie apocalypse.

...but if we want to enjoy our time before the world changed and be able to make those headshots during the zombie apocalypse, we need to "waste" ammo at the range occasionally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X