Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Calverton packed in October-November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Calverton packed in October-November?

Is Calverton packed in October-November as it is during the summer months? I love the place but sometimes I just don't feel like waking up extra early and getting there before open to get a bench.

Worse....hunting season around the corner. Sometimes I have better luck going after 12pm

Comment

• WTFwork12
      WTFwork12 commented
      Editing a comment
      crap, I didn't even think of that. I wonder if the shotgun side is as packed during those months, I honestly just want to shoot off some buckshot since there are no indoor/outdoor ranges by me that allow buck/bird.

I don’t shoot there but I’m guessing people will start showing up in October to sight in their hunting rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFwork12 View Post
      Is Calverton packed in October-November as it is during the summer months? I love the place but sometimes I just don't feel like waking up extra early and getting there before open to get a bench.
      It was not busy at all on a weekday afternoon in August.

Go on a weekend afternoon in September and it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
        Whenever I go to Calverton, anybody I go with wants to be there first thing in the morning, before they open. Have to wait on the inevitable line, usually get a bench. By the time we leave in 2-3 hours, the place is half empty.
        Steve

Comment

• WTFwork12
          WTFwork12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Around 1-2 PM is good you think?

• Augustus
          Augustus commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually - yes. Let everyone else run to get out there. By early afternoon, everything starts to open up.

In October and November they are open 7 days a week. Last year weekends were busy but during the week there were plenty of open benches.

Comment

Weekday best bet.
          stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

All the city types and once a year shooters spinning up for their big hunting trip in Oct and Nov.
            Not only crowded but crowded with inexperienced, or worse, ignorant and unwilling to recognize their own capabilities and limitations shooters.

Comment

Working...
            X