X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sig View Post

That's Suffolk Clays
    Just like my skeet shooting ----- close -- LOL
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
      I heard it was / is a county owned range ----- run by the brother / cousin of the owner of Hunter sports ?
      That is Suffolk Trap & Skeet..

We are talking about the TOWN OWNED BROOKHAVEN range in Ridge on Rt 25 which is leased out to a vendor to run

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

That is Suffolk Trap & Skeet..

We are talking about the TOWN OWNED BROOKHAVEN range in Ridge on Rt 25 which is leased out to a vendor to run
        Yes -- west of Calverton National --

Thats my fat ass at a boy scout merit badge shoot --

And whos that instructor to my left -- LOL
        Ricekila
        Μολών Λaβέ
        Last edited by Ricekila; 01-06-2022, 07:18 PM.
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Rumors said they got in trouble, take it for what it's worth I guess.

I didn't like the range because I couldn't get through half a day without watching one of the RO's mistreat someone. A couple of the RO's were good dudes, I'm sorry to hear that one of them passed, even if he wasn't nice.
          I went several months ago and was told no pistols.
          Between that and the fact that yaphank has better clays and calverton lets you shoot rifle offhand...I doubt I'll be back at Brookhaven.
          It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
          This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
          We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
          Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

• FastPhil
            FastPhil
            Buck You
            FastPhil commented
            Editing a comment
            It was Mike who passed. He was the king yeller. My last two visits I didn't see anyone being berated

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

One think that's good about Brookhaven is you're out of the rain or blazing Sun.
          I used to think the same thing. Then I realized how much louder it is under that roof!

(...and it's actually nice to be under the blazing sun on a cold winter day.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Snakebill;n750966.... Also, the RO who used to go nuts and yell at everyone at Brookhaven passed away. They’re still strict but not as crazy. [/QUOTE]

Let me guess... heart attack?

Comment

I heard the story about the stray (?) pistol cal round that hit some guys car at the fireman’s park. There was a chorus of “close the place down” after that but I never thought they had teeth. It is a Town owned park so it may have gone political…ala Huntington’s range. I hope not.

Comment

Why the hell did they put the Fireman's park behind the Range to begin with??

Comment

there is now way a stray bullet got that far to hit a car. i heard that story to and that's what it was a story. you cant bash the RO's that much there are a lot of a-holes there that are just plain unsafe, so they treat everyone the same as an a-hole lol. they can be a little much but id rather that then none. it is a county owned range that run by a private outfit i believe. id be more than happy to donate some money and personal time to get that back up and running. there are far to little choices here on long island to loose more outdoor space to shoot. i like Brookhaven there's a lot more they can do with that place to really bring it up to a great place to go and shoot. some food and coffee would be a great start

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoorjunky View Post
                there is now way a stray bullet got that far to hit a car. i heard that story to and that's what it was a story. you cant bash the RO's that much there are a lot of a-holes there that are just plain unsafe, so they treat everyone the same as an a-hole lol. they can be a little much but id rather that then none. it is a county owned range that run by a private outfit i believe. id be more than happy to donate some money and personal time to get that back up and running. there are far to little choices here on long island to loose more outdoor space to shoot. i like Brookhaven there's a lot more they can do with that place to really bring it up to a great place to go and shoot. some food and coffee would be a great start
                Just another magic bullet. Similar to the one that supposedly hit a Boy Scout in Bethpage from the old Huntington range. That makes 3 now if you include JFK’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoorjunky View Post
                  Town of Brookhaven owns this range

The County owns Suffolk Trap&Skeet in Yaphank.

Comment

I feel most of the ROs were ok with a few assholes but I felt this was the safest range for new shooters. Its where I brought my kids to train.

Comment

• Range Time
                      Range Time commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definitely a safe place. Islip was too last time I was there.

Calverton is safe if it's a slow day and you get a spot on the end. Otherwise, it's sometimes nerve-wracking.

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                    I heard the story about the stray (?) pistol cal round that hit some guys car at the fireman’s park. There was a chorus of “close the place down” after that but I never thought they had teeth. It is a Town owned park so it may have gone political…ala Huntington’s range. I hope not.
                    Yep --- guy who lives across the street ( Buy a house there ----- expect some noise ) handed the live round to what's her face -- who screamed --

"We must close this place ----- its for the children" ---

Twat --

Comment

Working...
                    X