Interesting day at Brookhaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting day at Brookhaven

Took my daughters boyfriend of 4 years to the range today. He's not new to shooting and went to the range day we had 2 years ago. He owns a shotgun for home defense and had a hunting license years ago. He also wants to get back into shooting clays. I started him off on a 22 bolt and worked up to the AR 9 then the AR 15.
    Now comes the interesting part. When we got back to the car he asked me for my daughters hand in marriage . Before he could finish trying to get the words out I knew what was going on and gave him my blessing . It looks like I have a new shooting buddy and the son I never had . He knows in a good shot and the consequences of what could happen . Still not sure if he really wanted to go shooting today or saw this as the perfect opportunity to ask.
    All in all another fine day at the range that I'm sure I'll never forget

It's trap. He just wants to inherit your guns.

Congrats though.
    Have a nice day.

Comment

Hey congrats Phil!

Comment

congrats.
        note that he's also sharpening his shooting skills

Comment

Phil, congrats on the future nuptials. The kid is smart to ask with a ton of people around. God bless.

Comment

Takes a pretty big pair of balls to ask fathers' permission to marry his daughter while he is carrying, lol. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great news Phil, congrats.
                NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Should have had the rso's yell at him for that!!!!

Jkjk

​​​ congrats and enjoy paying for the wedding!!!

Btw, villa lombardis is a great bang for the buck! Food is great and don't forget to go for the mashed potato bar, sucking pig, and cheesecake bar!!
                  The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Nice. Respectful young man. Good for you and good for your daughter.

Comment

Congrats !! Nice to see he knew to do it the right way and ask her dad first

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shmoe View Post
                        It's trap. He just wants to inherit your guns.

Congrats though.
                        Yeah and my ammo too. If I play my cards right he'll be dragging my deer !!

Comment

Congrats Phil. Sounds like a nice guy. Just don't show him the Hunting Spot.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                          President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Congrats Phil, but I didn't hear anything about a mini-mag dowry in your story - how serious is he?
                            Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

Congrats Phil!

Comment

Working...
                              X