Brookhaven issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookhaven issues

Brookhaven is a nice range, but why are there always issues?

Directly from their website:

We are open Wednesday thru Sunday
    from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
    (Seasonal: Skeet & Trap Fields open
    Thursday Nights until 9:00 PM)

I called to be sure.

The skeet & trap fields are NOT open until 9:00 PM on Thursday. (When exactly IS the season?)

They are NOT open until 4:30. They close at 4:00.

Again, this is not hearsay or hours listed on Google. This is directly from their website!

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
    Brookhaven is a nice range, but why are there always issues?

Directly from their website:

We are open Wednesday thru Sunday
    from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
    (Seasonal: Skeet & Trap Fields open
    Thursday Nights until 9:00 PM)

I called to be sure.

The skeet & trap fields are NOT open until 9:00 PM on Thursday. (When exactly IS the season?)

They are NOT open until 4:30. They close at 4:00.

Again, this is not hearsay or hours listed on Google. This is directly from their website!
    I haven't been there in years and the range caught up to the town nickname (CROOKHAVEN)

I finally went to Yaphank for the NRA Basic Shotgun shoot, ran two rounds of trap then meet up with Yaphank Kid for a round of skeet...GO THERE!
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member:
    Gun Owners of America, American Suppressor Association,
    National Rifle Association, Second Amendment Foundation

Comment

• Range Time
      Range Time commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually do. Yaphank is great AND there were no issues during the scamdemic.

Brookhaven is for shooting rifle and/or pistol also or if I need to be on the North Shore.

Plus they have the nicest trap public field on Long island.

They probably close at 4:30 but won’t let you start after 4.

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
      ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO commented
      Editing a comment
      sickofny I get that , however, they can simply say so on their website. Close 4:30 last trap/skeet game to commence at 4:00 simple. These ‘ranges’ here all suck. Your moniker says it best!

• HyFiveGuns
      HyFiveGuns commented
      Editing a comment
      The last two times I was at Brookhaven, they made you stop shooting promptly at 4:00. You then had a little time to collect your targets and pack up your stuff but as far as the RO’s were concerned, they were closed at 4:00.

• pilot_pete
      pilot_pete commented
      Editing a comment
      The Islip outdoor Town range is the same way. It says 10 to 3, but that only means the RO's want to be locking the gate at 3. Final cease fire is really 2-2:15 pm.

Night shooting is over at Brookhaven. They don't do it anymore.

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
      Editing a comment
      I’m thinking of a Joe Pesci line from My Cousin Vinny anyone wanna guess which line??

Went there twice. Once for skeet once for rifle. Both times was the same, grumpy old men who like being important. Unless you are also a grumpy old man you are treated like a nuisance until proven to be otherwise.

Comment

These range ‘issues’ most of us have heard many times. Some of us look at it objectively from both sides of the glass. The real issue is attitude. I have been to many ranges (maybe not as many as a pro) down here , upstate and throughout other states. I have heard many colorful safety briefings. The issue is the attitude of the RO’s or quite possibly the ownership/management. I get 💯 we get more then our fair share of crazy yahoo’s in Newyorkastan but part of being responsible for watching people is learning how to read people. Most RO’s either have it or they don’t. Like in the rest of America we build safety nets around the stupid and don’t educate/empower the masses like we should. Rant over
      A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restraints evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good -
      George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        Night shooting is over at Brookhaven. They don't do it anymore.
        That's sad.

What's even sadder is that the range hasn't removed that from their homepage.

Comment

Whatever happened with the round that allegedly went into the fireman's section a while back?

Was that ever deemed to be nonsense?
          ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
          Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

• FastPhil
            FastPhil commented
            Editing a comment
            The pistol line is still closed presumably from that made up incident

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA .....My range in New Hampshire is five minutes from my house. Last one out closes the gate. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
            Editing a comment
            You know we all secretly have voodoo dolls of you
            😜

• spider
            spider commented
            Editing a comment
            @ANYGUNWILLDOIFYOUWILLDO LA LA LA LA LA LA ... go for my skin cancer check up tomorrow. I'm six months out from diagnosis. You were there when I got the call. I'm expecting great results. You're my good luck Charm.

They should build condos they have ranges in the back and you can shoot right off your terrace! They have them for boaters.

Comment

Working...
          X