Anyone use the NYLAK sporter stock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destro View Post

Pretty much.. Yeah, in a lot of these online mock-up pictures it's compliance for the sake of compliance. In that one, they obviously used a cheap ready Romy laminate stock (the type you get with a furniture kit for 20 bucks from Sarco or Numrich or Apex). But these concepts can be expanded on.

Ah- I thought that was something from your collection, maybe for Combloc-midget-zombies.

Comment

Seems to be a small operation: 150 Frost Hollow Rd, Barton, NY 13734

607-339-1247

I don't know if it's a store or his garage

Says it's open Saturday, so I'm calling and ordering.

Comment

This really highlights my disgust for safe act..... I'd have a serious AK collection if i could... i look at these abominations and shake my head in disgust for andrew cuomo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. RMZ View Post
          This really highlights my disgust for safe act..... I'd have a serious AK collection if i could... i look at these abominations and shake my head in disgust for andrew cuomo.
          I still get emailed the Centerfire Systems catalog from my preban days of buying from them.

Polish Tantal AK74s $450, Hungarian AMDs $400, Romies and Bulgy sidefolders $400-something. My bank account would be a lot smaller in a free state.

Now, the one nice thing about the Russian Saiga sporters is that they can easily be converted once in a free state. They are after all the platform for most high end AK builds (Arsenals, custom shops, Red Jacket, Tromix etc.) So in owning one you have raw material and eventual potential for something great while still having a reliable AK platform shooter here.
          Last edited by Destro; 02-10-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

I still get emailed the Centerfire Systems catalog from my preban days of buying from them.

Polish Tantal AK74s $450, Hungarian AMDs $400, Romies and Bulgy sidefolders $400-something. My bank account would be a lot smaller in a free state.

Now, the one nice thing about the Russian Saiga sporters is that they can easily be converted once in a free state. They are after all the platform for most high end AK builds (Arsenals, custom shops, Red Jacket, Tromix etc.) So in owning one you have raw material and eventual potential for something great while still having a reliable AK platform shooter here.
            I got a beautiful saiga iz132 with a ultimak rail, dinzag retainer, and magpul akm handguard.... i was about to buy another the other day.... 5.45x39 but why bother.....

I want another gun bad tho....

Comment

Finally ordered one.

I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

Comment

considering the new law, thats not too bad actually.

Comment

Well I finally got to shoot it last weekend.

The stock mounts up very solid to where the pistol grip was and the hand position was comfortable.

The only issue I had to correct was that the SAR-1 has a stock tang sticking out the back of the receiver.

It needed a blank plate there to close up the back of the receiver and protect the tang.

It would be super easy to put the old stock and grip back on when hunting out of state, but it's comfortable to leave just the way it is.

Cheek weld brought a good line of sight to the red dot. No problem hitting a 6" gong at 75yds.

Very pleased with the stock and highly recommend one to those looking to shoot their AK in NY.

(I know where's the picture... forgot to take one again... next week)

Comment

How was it dealing with seller, I am thinking about trying this as I hate the Thordsen on my rifle.

Comment

It was very easy and smooth dealing with him.
                      He's a small shop. Called him, left a message. He called me back the next day.
                      Ordered over the phone, and I had it 3 days later.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I just got the 3rd gen NYLAK. It feels good to hold. Way better than the spur. Since I plan on staying in this state, and I choose to be “compliant” with the law, I feel it is the best alternative.

Comment

Working...
                          X