Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw a Saiga .308 sporter for sale today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Saw a Saiga .308 sporter for sale today

    I stopped by Kwaks in Bellmore. He had a Saiga .308 sporter with a after market wood stock, fore-arm handguard with rails, scope mount, 3 mags, and the original stock furniture. Sorry, I didn't take any pics. He is asking $800 for it. I'm sure there is some wiggle room.

    #2
    That's actually a pretty ok price for a .308 in the embargo market, all things considered. There's currently a few wood .308s on gunbroker with a BIN price of $1,300-1,500. Mags alone go for 25 bucks each.

    Thanks for posting.

    The .308 always cost more even before the embargo and is a pretty accurate shooter. A super vepr would be a nice alternative, but we're beholden to a Vepr Pioneer or the Saiga.
    saigas1.jpg

    Comment


      #3
      Saw for sale on FB today also

      Comment


        #4
        I wish a domestic company would make the sport model. Will forever kick myself for not buying a 7.62x39 for $400

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
          I wish a domestic company would make the sport model. Will forever kick myself for not buying a 7.62x39 for $400
          A domestic company actually is making a clone of the saiga sporter. Kalashnikov USA (not related in any way with Russian original, basically took advantage of no US trademark) is making them out of Florida, exact saiga sporters...but they are made to tighter CNC tolerances (not necessarily a desired thing) and way more expensive than pre-embargo Saigas....

          They had a glitchy roll out trying to supply dealers...
          http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kov-usas-guns/


          Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-7.36.18-AM-900x337.png


          BTW I remember buying Saigas for $299 from J&G Sales and Centerfire a few years back on sale. Should have bought cases.
          centerfiresystems.jpg

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Destro View Post

            A domestic company actually is making a clone of the saiga sporter. Kalashnikov USA (not related in any way with Russian original, basically took advantage of no US trademark) is making them out of Florida, exact saiga sporters...but they are made to tighter CNC tolerances (not necessarily a desired thing) and way more expensive than pre-embargo Saigas....

            They had a glitchy roll out trying to supply dealers...
            http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kov-usas-guns/


            Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-7.36.18-AM-900x337.png


            BTW I remember buying Saigas for $299 from J&G Sales and Centerfire a few years back on sale. Should have bought cases.
            centerfiresystems.jpg
            Kalashnikov USA's site currently lists 2 AK style shotguns but no rifles.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

              Kalashnikov USA's site currently lists 2 AK style shotguns but no rifles.
              Yeah, here is their 2015 catalog. The Saiga clone is the first featured gun.
              http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/files/pdfs/catalog.pdf

              Since then they have fizzled and not met their promises, and have some lawsuits by their subcontractors in PA (before they moved to FL). They have actually shipped some rifles out and IIRC Classic Firearms was pre-selling one of their AK clones.


              Also, not to derail too much, they never offered a .308 Saiga clone, so the OP's report is still a good deal, considering we can't really buy VEPRs here.
              Last edited by Destro; 12-03-2017, 10:00 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Destro View Post

                Yeah, here is their 2015 catalog. The Saiga clone is the first featured gun.
                http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/files/pdfs/catalog.pdf

                Since then they have fizzled and not met their promises, and have some lawsuits by their subcontractors in PA (before they moved to FL). They have actually shipped some rifles out and IIRC Classic Firearms was pre-selling one of their AK clones.


                Also, not to derail too much, they never offered a .308 Saiga clone, so the OP's report is still a good deal, considering we can't really buy VEPRs here.
                Thanks! I vaguely remember this when it first came out. Heard nothing since. I bought a .308 Saiga with the 22" barrel right after NY-Un-Safe as a spite purchase. I put wood furniture on it. Looks just like the one you pictured with the Russian flag on the stock.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

                Comment


                  #9
                  A Russian-made AK in an American chambering like .308 is paramount to a Colt AR in 7.62 x 39 - it should be illegal...or at least immoral.
                  No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

                  - U.S. Marines

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                    A Russian-made AK in an American chambering like .308 is paramount to a Colt AR in 7.62 x 39 - it should be illegal...or at least immoral.
                    Sometimes immorality can be fun. My Saiga .223s are among my funnest shooters. :P

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Destro View Post

                      Sometimes immorality can be fun. My Saiga .223s are among my funnest shooters. :P
                      (Yeah, I have an old Norinco in 5.56mm, but I tell people it's another 5.45mm, shhhhhh.....I feel dirty)
                      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

                      - U.S. Marines

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

                        (Yeah, I have an old Norinco in 5.56mm, but I tell people it's another 5.45mm, shhhhhh.....I feel dirty)
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #13
                          1.jpg

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X