Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Man Buys Wood Crates for Firewood and Finds 79 AKs Inside

Russian Man Buys Wood Crates for Firewood and Finds 79 AKs Inside

Have you ever walked down the street and found some cash laying on the ground? One time I found a $20 bill on the sidewalk when I was walking home from school, that was pretty cool. Not as cool as one lucky guy in Russia who found a horde of AKs (or that guy who found machine guns in a river). According to the Facebook page Russian Look a guy in Russia got quite the deal when he bought 60 old wood crates for around 500 rubles (around $8 USD) to use as firewood, when he opened them up he found 79 Kalashnikovs inside.

The story seemed too good to be true so I did a bit of Googling, turns out the story is true but was from back in 2012. The lucky man also stumbled upon 253 rounds of ammo and spare parts in the crates as well which were produced at the Izhevsk arms plant. Apparently he bought them off of a truck driver who was supposed to take them to a nearby landfill but decided to make some extra rubles on the side and sell them not knowing some of the crates still had guns and ammo in them. The Russian man who found the arsenal turned them over to the local police instead of losing them in an unfortunate boating accident like I’m sure most of us would have done.

[Source 1 and source 2]

Ray is an online marketer who got his start in the auto industry taking pictures and writing about cars. A long time gun enthusiast and blogger, his daily firearms musings can be found over at his gun blog ArmoryBlog.com.
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Some guys have all the luck lol

Comment

Not quite " a dime a dozen" ..but pretty close

Comment

Says 79 bet he found a lot more

Comment

It was reported that when he tried to throw the crates into the fireplace, he missed, and they broke his front window. Typical AK's

Comment

Wait.......... A Russian man turned in 79 Kalishnokovs to the local police?
            Did hell just freeze over?

Comment

This stuff never happens to me...

Comment

better call Hillary, Andy, Chuck and the rest of that crowd. Let 'em know the streets are safer now....

Comment

Wait until I croak and they dig up my backyard! That'll be a real story.
                  LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

I like the part where they searched his house and the houses of everyone in the village. Coming to an America on the horse of liberalism soon....
                    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What the hell is going on in Russia??? Why, just the other day....

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ian-s-basement

Comment

I would even share lol

Comment

I heard one of the AK's AD'ed while it was still inside the crate...and didn't hit the crate💂 😜😂😋🙄😘🔫🔫🔫 🇷🇺

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                            It was reported that when he tried to throw the crates into the fireplace, he missed, and they broke his front window. Typical AK's
                            That is funny!!!!! Oh, and true!!

Comment

for firewood? I guess the Russkies don't use lead paint for their stenciling...

Comment

Working...
                              X