Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK With Side Folding Wooden Stock

POTD: AK With Side Folding Wooden Stock

Posted 1 min ago in AK-47 / AK-74 / Everything AK, Photo Of The Day with 6 Comments
    Tags: 70 years, commemorative, Kalashnikov, side folder, TG2, wood stock

Wooden stocks on AKs are nothing new, neither are side folding stocks. However, the combination of both is something that simply doesn’t exist (not counting the custom made ones). Well, didn’t exist: Kalashnikov Concern has released a limited edition commemorative TG2 riflewith a side folding wooden stock.

Advertisement

Powered By

TG2 is an AK-103 pattern rifle chambered in .366 TKM. The rifle is made in commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the adoption of AK-47. The stock, handguard and gas tube cover are made of walnut. All other features are similar to standard TG2 rifles including the half rifled bore for the .366 TKM cartridge.

As in the case of the polymer stock, the cavity in the side folding wooden stock is made to clear the scope mounting rail on the receiver.

The price of this rifle in Russia is 89,910 roubles which is roughly equal to $1,425. That is quite a high price considering that the MSRP for a standard TG2 (with polymer furniture) is 38,090 roubles ($605)
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

I'll take one!
    Oh wait....

Comment

AK gives you wood.

Comment

I heard that when you fold the stock, it shoots backwards.

Comment

.366 TKM?

Russian ammo maker Techkrim (small company specializing mostly in less-lethal and sporting ammunition) has introduced a new shotgun round, called the .366 TKM

It is based on the 7.62×39 M43 case necked out to .366 (9.5mm), with taper but no neck. Its main intent is for the use of surplus 7.62×39 weapons bored out or rebarreled to smoothbore configuration, preferably with Paradox rifling at the front 140mm (4.5″) of the bore.

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea.

Comment

.366 is one horrible round, made for "civilian use" . Hopefully when better gun regulations will come out it will go away

Comment

I personally don't like the mating of the iconic AK47 and AK74's styles.

AK47

AK74
                No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Absolutely agree with that statement.

Comment

Working...
                  X