alg trigger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alg trigger help

I recently got an a LG trigger for my AK47. Function check went fine, Took it to the range. On about the 6th or 7th shot The trigger pin came loose. I took it home took it apart, Got it most of the way back in but it won't sit completely flush. I'm not sure if it's something I did maybe installing it wrong, Anybody have any ideas?

model of AKM?

Might have to trim the tail of the disconnector much like the Tapco G2 tg. Seems a common issue even with the ALGs.

ALG Defense AKT trigger group issue

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/22...oup-issue.html

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...k-trigger-yet/

Last edited by Destro; 07-23-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post
      model of AKM?

Might have to trim the tail of the disconnector much like the Tapco G2 tg. Seems a common issue even with the ALGs.

ALG Defense AKT trigger group issue

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/22...oup-issue.html

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...k-trigger-yet/
      It's a Riley Defense AK. I got it at Bensons. I just tried to take it there to see if he knew how to get the pin to sit flush but they didn't want to work on it, said after market triggers are bad news for combat rifles. I don't know what he's talking about, a lot of people have good things to say about this trigger. Thanks for the links I'll do some research see what I can find

Comment

Originally posted by kempoguy View Post

It's a Riley Defense AK. I got it at Bensons. I just tried to take it there to see if he knew how to get the pin to sit flush but they didn't want to work on it, said after market triggers are bad news for combat rifles. I don't know what he's talking about, a lot of people have good things to say about this trigger. Thanks for the links I'll do some research see what I can find
        All aftermarket triggers usually need some modding in AKs. It seems a common issue, even with the ALG. Even ALG says "Some fitting may be required". Not sure what fire control group you have in there with the swapped trigger but the links cover the adjustments most do. Read the links above, it seems the disconnector needs to be trimmed or it will get out of whack by hitting the far end. Good luck.

Comment

I'm kind of sparse on good tooling to do any mods to it. Anybody have a recommendation on local gun smith, or someone good at working on AK's, I could hire for assistance?

Comment

I had a similar issue with mine years ago. reach out to ALG they will send you some stuff to troubleshoot. I dont have it anymore, sorry im not more help lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kempoguy View Post
              I'm kind of sparse on good tooling to do any mods to it. Anybody have a recommendation on local gun smith, or someone good at working on AK's, I could hire for assistance?
              a dremel and about 12 inches of desktop is all it takes for a trigger job. Its really about grinding down a little material for fitment (same goes for the Tapco G2 triggers). You could try doug's gunsmith at 782 Custom Gunworks, in Bohemia, not sure how many local guys want to touch an AK these days though.

Sucks, but a lot of swap in parts are not "drop-in". I remember when the Archangel stock for the Mosins came out and the trigger pull would hit the back of the trigger guard before breaking, so you'd have to grind down the trigger guard if you wanted to have a functional gun. A lot of manufactures do it that way "may require fitment".

Comment

What does it use to retain the pin?

Used one of these on my AK that would not hold the pin in place, a pretty common problem that can cause bad.. loud scary, unexpected. multiple things to happen. lol
                Last edited by cas; 07-23-2020, 04:21 PM.
                Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Working...
                X