• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKV-521

Here a challenge for mattyj513

Build me one!
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

These things are the real deal, updating the ak into a truly modular and modern rifle. The only thing I don't like on it, which I know I'm likely alone on, is the left side charging handle, but besides that its like KC went through everyone's wish lists and actually listened, ambi safety, free float barrel, barrel assembly upgraded to dedicated upper receiver. Biggest hurdle to building one of these would be acquiring the upper, without a cnc that's beyond feasible for my machining abilities. I do have an ear to the ground for parts on this, it may take a while but stuff like this has a tendency to eventually fall off a Russian freighter and wash up on American shores a piece at a time. Allegedly of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyj513 View Post
      These things are the real deal, updating the ak into a truly modular and modern rifle. The only thing I don't like on it, which I know I'm likely alone on, is the left side charging handle, but besides that its like KC went through everyone's wish lists and actually listened, ambi safety, free float barrel, barrel assembly upgraded to dedicated upper receiver. Biggest hurdle to building one of these would be acquiring the upper, without a cnc that's beyond feasible for my machining abilities. I do have an ear to the ground for parts on this, it may take a while but stuff like this has a tendency to eventually fall off a Russian freighter and wash up on American shores a piece at a time. Allegedly of course.
      Interesting. As a rifle lefty, I like the right side bolt actuator, but I would think it's a pain in the arse for right-handed shooters. Which way do you prefer to charge the rifle? The ways taught below or to take your strong hand off the pistol grip?

AK Reach.JPG AK Reach 2.JPG
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I'm righty all the way, I go from below with my left like your pictures. I'm a big believer in muscle memory, when I got my first ak if I was just sitting on my couch I would do so with the ak and two empty mags, drop the selector, rack from below, dry fire, selector to safe, swap mag, repeat. Initially it may seem unnatural for new shooters or new ak owners, same for the rock and lock mags, after a little practice it's a piece of cake. I far prefer it to the ar charging handle.

Comment

Working...
        X