Classic Arms has Yugo SKS for $399

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Arms has Yugo SKS for $399

Not like the "old days", but, in case anyone is interested: https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo...eid=5e18ebe57f
    "The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Wow! With that folding bayonet and muzzle brake I'm sure it must be un-SAFE compliant!
    “Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.” -Justice Antonin Scalia, District of Columbia v. Heller, June 26, 2008

Comment

• Barnslayer
      Barnslayer commented
      Editing a comment
      That muzzle brake is actually a grenade launcher.

It doesn't have a removable magazine.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by Strat688 View Post
      Not like the "old days", but, in case anyone is interested: https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo...eid=5e18ebe57f
      THANKS.....been wanting a Yugo for a while. Just ordered one before they go up in price any higher!
      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

awesome price i had one there built like tanks...

Comment

• NG9588
          NG9588 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seriously, I think the rifle is more suited as a club then a firearm. LOL

I just received an email from Classic Firearms: 'Shipped'. I will let you know my thoughts in 4 -7 days.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Ordered on the 7th at night, arrived at my local gun shop this morning! AMAZING.

I won't be able to get there until Monday, but DAMN, 2 1/2 day delivery!

I'll post pics when I get it home.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
            Ordered on the 7th at night, arrived at my local gun shop this morning! AMAZING.

I won't be able to get there until Monday, but DAMN, 2 1/2 day delivery!

I'll post pics when I get it home.
            Looking forward to the pictures. Been wanting an SKS for a while.
            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I picked it up yesterday (along with another CMP Garand) and it's full of cosmoline. I tried the black garbage bag in 80 degree heat to no avail. Trying again in 85 degree heat today - not looking promising. Plan B is the heat gun and a roll of paper towels - time consuming but has worked well in the past. Once it's cleaned, I'll post photos.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

Looking forward to the pictures. Been wanting an SKS for a while.
                OK, it took a little while but I got the cosmoline off. It had about 1/3 the amount of cosmo that some of the other Chinese SKS's have had - so I was thankful for that!
                For $20 more I ordered a 'hand select' rifle. Nice rifle. Robust. I didn't have time to do a full head-to-head comparison between SKS's, but I could tell that the Yugo feels heavier. Even heavier than you'd think the the large flash suppressor and small grenade launcher would make it feel. The wood is pretty nice also.
                Sorry about the photos, they're from my phone camera - running late for just about everything this week. I just saw that the price has gone up to $429 ea. Sad, I bought that second SKS in the photo around 1991 for $89 or $99.

First 3 are Chinese, then a Russian (with blocked ChiCom mag), bottom is the Yugo.
                Last edited by Dan 0351; 06-17-2016, 09:49 PM.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

• sheeple
                  sheeple commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, that's in fantastic shape! Thanks for the run down and pictures.

If anyone wants to trade their wood stock for my plastic one (on the 'para-trooper' model), let me know. Even though the para was never an issue weapon, I still like the look of wood. If it were a range gun, I'd keep the plastic.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Gotta ask, why the pinned Chinese mag on the Russian?

Comment

• Dan 0351
                    Dan 0351 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol, that's the way it came. I think I had trouble switching the mags. I really don't remember, I haven't really broke out my SKS's in a while.

I had so many old mags, including 30 - round detachable versions (that's the way the paratrooper originally came). I have to dig around and find a 10-rounder for the para.
                Working...
                X