Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M14 Dummy (Display) Auto Selector Switch

Post count uber alles!
    Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Another Kit made locally and also getting good reviews is the Hawk Kit, which I’ll order as soon as I get my other stock ready.
    www.sparrowhawkkits.com
    Post count uber alles!
    Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.

Comment

Who makes the fixed mag kits for the M1A?

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
        I know campsite sells them with fixed mags or welded comp (the fixed mag is preferred because you just swap out the trigger group in a free state).

As an example how one guy did it here is a NY Compliance thread from the M14 forum.
        http://m14forum.com/m14/142407-my-ny...e-project.html

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post
          I know campsite sells them with fixed mags or welded comp (the fixed mag is preferred because you just swap out the trigger group in a free state).

As an example how one guy did it here is a NY Compliance thread from the M14 forum.
          http://m14forum.com/m14/142407-my-ny...e-project.html
          Yea i just got the fixed mag loaded from them. Its just a roll pin to convert. Easy peasy

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
            There is a guy upstate that sells a kit (just a cut down mag release lever) for, I think $25-$35 dollars, but it’s simple enough to cut your mag release lever down, flush with the bottom of the receiver. Worst case scenario is you have to remove the trigger group and the mag falls out.
            I bought one kit (very nicely done) and cut another one myself. Replacement levers are (were) only about $7-$8 dollars each from Springfield.
            Post count uber alles!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
              There is a guy upstate that sells a kit (just a cut down mag release lever) for, I think $25-$35 dollars, but it’s simple enough to cut your mag release lever down, flush with the bottom of the receiver. Worst case scenario is you have to remove the trigger group and the mag falls out.
              I bought one kit (very nicely done) and cut another one myself. Replacement levers are (were) only about $7-$8 dollars each from Springfield.

KGBTactical.com

The part he supplies is very nicely done, comes with roll pin. The stripper clips he provides are brand new, and need to be either polished, or broken in. If going this route, a bag of well used stripper clips is cheap, and a worthwhile investment.

Comment

I got my M1A through campsite also and did the KGB kit as well. It works well as advertised for neutered NY 14's. I did end getting a USGI M14 trigger assembly at a good price so I jumped on it to make swap out even easier.
                A couple years ago I got the sparrowhawk economy kit( about $20 I think) for my USGI walnut stock. Not too long ago I bought a Big Red birch stock and went to sparrowhawk site and see it's been discontinued. Instead instead of forking over $40-50 I'll live with the hole.
                "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Yea i just got the fixed mag loaded from them. Its just a roll pin to convert. Easy peasy
                  Very cool man. Been meaning to head down there and pick up a Socom m1A. Did you see one in stock, or do they special order them in?

Comment

Very cool man. Been meaning to head down there and pick up a Socom m1A. Did you see one in stock, or do they special order them in?
                    I think they have a loaded version in stock but no muzzle brake, i got an upgraded loaded with NM SS barrel,they had to order it but paul had it in like 2days.

Comment

Destro, take a look here, might be worth the inquiry
                      I recently purchased this from a member here a few months ago and need to sell it. Found out that I may be able to move out of NYS and would like to
                      NRA Endowment Member
                      Caribou R&P Club Range Officer

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

Destro, take a look here, might be worth the inquiry
                        Thanks.

I think if I was going the NY compliant route, especially on the Socom where the brake is of importance I'd go with the fixed mag version. That way nothing is really mauled on the rifle and if I do move to a free state all it takes is swapping out the trigger group to get it back to normal. The pinned/welded brake --especially on a Socom-- is far less desirable and the price would really need to reflect that.

Comment

Working...
                        X