03 FFL Holder in NYS (C and R)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 FFL Holder in NYS (C and R)

Happy New Year to all. Im looking for a thread about out of state transfers of C and R rifles (non assault) to C and R 03 FFL license holders residing in NYS. I have always been under the impression that direct shipping to the NYS license holders residence is still allowed even after the passage of the SAFE act. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this subject? Thanks!

In for answer also.

Comment

I called the NY State Police and was told no... it needs to go to a NY licensed FFL

Comment

If you collect C&R long guns they don’t have to go through an FFL. Pistols all do even C&R which is bullshit

C&R rifles ship to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by HabsFan View Post
          I called the NY State Police and was told no... it needs to go to a NY licensed FFL
          what did you think the NYS police would say?

Comment

Originally posted by HabsFan View Post
            Urm, an 03 FFL is a licensed FFL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lemming View Post

Urm, an 03 FFL is a licensed FFL.....
              Exactly

I can not tell you how many times I have been at the NCPLB and listened to them give totally false info to a new permit holder.

Comment

Only for Handguns do you need an 01 FFL.... for C&R long guns an 03 FFL is GTG.

Comment

The state has a separate lic that allows an ffl to posses handguns, assault weapons and hi cap mags. That’s probably what he meant.

You need an ffl prior to getting the state lic.

Comment

Working...
                  X