Early M1903 Springfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early M1903 Springfield

This 1903 was up for auction and it got to the wire and was nowhere near it’s value so I had to grab it.
    Finding pre 1910 M1903’s in original configuration and not having been rearsenaled is getting extremely difficult. I have another but this one arrived and is in stellar condition. The wood is near perfect and untouched with crisp cartouches and no cross bolts added. This one is barrel dated 1907 and the receiver is the same by SN.

Enjoy she’s an old war horse and a beauty.

Attached Files

nice!

Also either you're getting better at photographing these things, or you took the pictures from the auction.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

very nice , i have a 1918 03 but yours is earlier

Comment

NICE. I'm a big fan of the 03's. Interestingly, I've read the U.S. had to pay copywrite fees the Germans to use that Mauser action.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
          nice!

Also either you're getting better at photographing these things, or you took the pictures from the auction.
          Auction pics for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post
            very nice , i have a 1918 03 but yours is earlier
            Yours should have cross bolts in the stock to reinforce the action. Still a nice early wartime piece. The rarest are the first 75,000 made but almost impossible to find not altered. The early 1903-1905’s were chambered in 30-03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
              NICE. I'm a big fan of the 03's. Interestingly, I've read the U.S. had to pay copywrite fees the Germans to use that Mauser action.
              That is interesting and I’ll have to follow up on that. Makes sense as the actions are almost identical. I like the magazine cut off on the 1903

Comment

$3,070 - nice score.
                Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                  $3,070 - nice score.

Couldnt pass at that price. Last one he sold went over $6,000. These should be $4500 minimum all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

That is interesting and I’ll have to follow up on that. Makes sense as the actions are almost identical. I like the magazine cut off on the 1903
                    Yes, commanders wanted the troops to keep the rounds in the magazine in reserve and single load as long as possible. Great history there!

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I have a greasy Greek that I got from CMP for about $400 around 2002. The stock was a mess and it had wobbly front and rear sights. I swapped out the stock with a new CMP stock, got a new windage screw still in the wax paper, and cleaned and tightened up the front blade screw. Mine is not a collector piece, but a great shooter. Other than zeroing the ladder peep at 200 yds, I have no idea how to use the other apertures.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

Yours should have cross bolts in the stock to reinforce the action. Still a nice early wartime piece. The rarest are the first 75,000 made but almost impossible to find not altered. The early 1903-1905’s were chambered in 30-03
                        i have a few pieces of 30-03 live rounds rare stuff , i also have a 43 03a3 thats the one i shoot .

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

i have a few pieces of 30-03 live rounds rare stuff , i also have a 43 03a3 thats the one i shoot .
                          I was recently looking at a rare '03 that was still chambered/barreled for 30-03.....I let it go though, too many other wants and desires.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I was recently looking at a rare '03 that was still chambered/barreled for 30-03.....I let it go though, too many other wants and desires.
                            That’s quite a find. Very rare. Still have the ram rod bayo as well?

Comment

Working...
                            X