NYC 1918 - Lewis gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC 1918 - Lewis gun

Women’s machine gun squad police reserves, New York City 1918.

Practicing with Lewis Machine Gun which is to be sent to the front. The killing range of this gun is 2 miles and it fires 500 shots per minute. Captain Elise Reniger, manning the gun, Miss Helen M. Striffler on the rear seat, and Mrs. Ivan Farasoff driving.

NYC 1918.jpg
    Women’s machine gun squad police reserves, New York City 1918. [[MORE]] Practicing with Lewis Machine Gun which is to be sent to the front. The killing range of this gun is 2 miles and it fires 500...

Did the NYPD have a big problem with criminal use of aircraft in 1918?
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Machineguns were legal in New York City until Mad Dog Coll gunned down a child by accident in 1931.
      Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Another one from 1918 NYPD.
        Must have been an interesting year

NYPD 1918.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
          Another one from 1918 NYPD.
          Must have been an interesting year

NYPD 1918.jpg
          Browning "potato digger"?

Comment

I wonder how many protested the 'militarization of the police department' back then.
            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
              I wonder how many protested the 'militarization of the police department' back then.
              None, as citizens had the same equipment back then
              Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

I wonder if any are still in storage at the NYPD range. I heard from an instructor that there are Thompsons in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post
                  I wonder if any are still in storage at the NYPD range. I heard from an instructor that there are Thompsons in storage.
                  There are a number of real Thompsons on the shelf in local PD's armories.
                  No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post

Practicing with Lewis Machine Gun which is to be sent to the front.

NYC 1918.jpg
                    This is one of the common practice back in the pre ww2. Military grade weapon was not issued to the troops without firing X amount of the rounds through it. Some units had a dedicated people doing just that with brand new weapons. To say the truth, Ive never heard that PD would do it, but this might be a case too.

This practice wore abandoned after introducing standardized strict quality control and established acceptable tolerances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post
                      The NYPD dumped almost all of their Thompsons and the mags and accessories at sea about 30 years ago. Only a handful remain.

Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Badass chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                          Badass chicks.
                          Those are more along the line of dames or broads, maybe even skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

The NYPD dumped almost all of their Thompsons and the mags and accessories at sea about 30 years ago. Only a handful remain.

Not true at all.

They have ave a huge collection of Thompsons.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

If true that's a typical wasteful, f*ck the taxpayer move. Sell them to those who can legally own and actually MAKE the city some money? Shut up!

Comment

Working...
                              X