Where have all th Mill-surps gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have all th Mill-surps gone?

A few years ago online firearms sites were filled with imported rifles. Mosin, Mausers, SKS, Swiss k11/31 etc. They are gone. Seemed like classicfirearms had something new every week. What happened?
    "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Decades ago you could waltz into a surplus store (Jay's Uniforms, Woodhaven Antiques) and find all sorts of WW2 vintage goodies. Now, they're hardly are any surplus stores.
    Firearms are more durable so it just took longer.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
      A few years ago online firearms sites were filled with imported rifles. Mosin, Mausers, SKS, Swiss k11/31 etc. They are gone. Seemed like classicfirearms had something new every week. What happened?
      I know...quite depressing

Comment

I would assume lot's of folks bought Mosins because they were cheap, and stacked deep on ammo. Try to find Spam cans now, good luck. Thanks for reminding me, I have so much fun bringing my M44 to the Nassau County Range, everybody wants to shoot it to see the fireball..........

Comment

Politicians happened. They can't do anything good, so they screwed bunch of import laws.

Comment

Hopefully cut up so as not to kill anymore innocents. No need for these Weapons of war to proliferate our lovely communities.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
              Hopefully cut up so as not to kill anymore innocents. No need for these Weapons of war to proliferate our lovely communities.
              It's for the children.

Comment

They're selling mosins for $350 now.
                “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                  Geez, I had mine up for sale on this board for a while without a single bite @ $225

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

Geez, I had mine up for sale on this board for a while without a single bite @ $225
                    I bought two for $150 from Cabela's a few years ago. It's nuts how the prices are skyrocketing.
                    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Prices went down lately. $200-250 is the common price.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post

Prices went down lately. $200-250 is the common price.
                        That's still a lot for a glorified club.

Comment

That's still a lot for a glorified club.
                          1.jpg

Comment

I got the majority of my K98’s from a Mauser forum, some charged a few bucks extra because they weren’t FFL’s so they had to bring them to one for shipping. But, still got very good, clean, mixed number rifles for well under $700.

Comment

They're all gone! It wasn't an endless supply. Plus modern commerce and the intrawebs made them much easier to move.

The world went select fire almost 60 years ago and for the most part that was the end of new surplus rifles.
                              Last edited by cas; 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM.
                              John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Working...
                              X