Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CMP Special ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CMP Special ??

    I’m sure many of you got the same email, but I’ll share for the rest. Take a look, for the price you will not do better. Just leave one for me.
    SPECIAL RACK GRADES AVAILABLE!


    CMP is offering a WRA Special Rack Grade for $700. The CMP WRA Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand, is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 WRA receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
    Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.
    Please visit our website for more information on our rifles availability and mail order form.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

    #2
    I have to renew my paperwork and get another one

    Comment


      #3
      Heavy pitting on the receiver.... that doesn't sound appealing. Does anyone have pictures of what to expect?
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
        Heavy pitting on the receiver.... that doesn't sound appealing. Does anyone have pictures of what to expect?
        They list that for Rack, Field and some Service grades I think. I think it’s more a CYA for CMP to include the disclaimer based on what I’ve heard and seen. I don’t recall anyone I know ever saying they were not either happy or pleasantly surprised by whatever they’d gotten from CMP. Of course, YMMV.
        I am ordering one on Monday.

        Comment


          #5
          I got a special service grade in 7.62, the piece was immaculate.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

            They list that for Rack, Field and some Service grades I think. I think it’s more a CYA for CMP to include the disclaimer based on what I’ve heard and seen. I don’t recall anyone I know ever saying they were not either happy or pleasantly surprised by whatever they’d gotten from CMP. Of course, YMMV.
            I am ordering one on Monday.
            Agree 100% with this. They prepare you for the worst case scenario, but it is almost never the case.

            Comment


              #7
              To bad they no longer have service grade specials; got mine ~2010, and it is immaculate. These were correct guns except for the stock (I'd love to get my hands on a nice mid-50's stock set) and well worth the up charge!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                Heavy pitting on the receiver.... that doesn't sound appealing. Does anyone have pictures of what to expect?
                The CMP website has a description of the "special" grade with a photo of what to expect for "pitting". I'll attach it below
                Attached Files

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by WyHask View Post

                  The CMP website has a description of the "special" grade with a photo of what to expect for "pitting". I'll attach it below
                  Thx

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post
                    I have to renew my paperwork and get another one
                    Still waiting on the email to purchase a 1911.....guess that ain't happening. So I didn't completely waste my time on the paperwork for that, maybe I should call them and have them send me a rifle (even though I got a service grade sent to my house years back)!
                    Not to mention lot of guess saying the 1911 is a waste of money

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

                      Still waiting on the email to purchase a 1911.....guess that ain't happening. So I didn't completely waste my time on the paperwork for that, maybe I should call them and have them send me a rifle (even though I got a service grade sent to my house years back)!
                      Not to mention lot of guess saying the 1911 is a waste of money
                      Two different departments. The paperwork you sent in for the 1911 will not be good for the M1. You’ll need to send in new paperwork

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X