Classic Firearms - US Model 1903 / 03A3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Firearms - US Model 1903 / 03A3

Was wondering what is the feeling about Classic Firearms? I saw this 1903/A3 yesterday for $1200+ and I know they sell out almost immediately. While I am not entertaining buying it at this time, (though it is on my wish list) do you have any thoughts on their inventory?

Obviously they are in demand and of course they are commanding top dollar, just curious if anyone thinks they are *worth it?

*Worth = whatever someone is willing to pay for something

US Model 1903 / 03A3 - .30-06 Rifle, 5 Rd, Bolt Action - C&R Eligible, Manufactured by U.S. Contractor's Remington and Smith CoronaSee Custom Option for the Smith Corona. 

Nothing to do with this rifle but I did order a barrel from them at a very good price a few weeks ago and it came in a few days

Comment

I have "used" Classic a few times with excellent results every time.

Comment

For the same price or maybe lower I’d try to find one on gunbroker or a gun show. That way you can be thorough in your inspection. Just checking gunbroker prices they seem to have jumped lately. I bought mine probably 2 years ago and prices were below 1k for a nice one. I think I got my 43 dated Remington for 650.

Comment

Originally posted by Nthill93 View Post
          For the same price or maybe lower I’d try to find one on gunbroker or a gun show. That way you can be thorough in your inspection. Just checking gunbroker prices they seem to have jumped lately. I bought mine probably 2 years ago and prices were below 1k for a nice one. I think I got my 43 dated Remington for 650.
          Lucky you!

Comment

Link says they’re out of stock.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

The one's they are selling at Classic are "refurbished". I believe the barrels may have been replaced and have new stocks.
              I bought one of these from Aimsurplus about 5 years ago. Very similar deal (refurbished - mine is beautiful, like a field grade++ from the CMP, not sure how the Classic refurb would stack up to this). Paid $800
              That being said....I have used Classic quite a bit in the past and for the most part (with a few exceptions), have not been disappointed
              Last edited by SemiAutoFetish; 03-25-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                Link says they’re out of stock.
                Yes, I know. I was just curios what people thought of Classic and/or perhaps purchased one of these rifles in the past. They sell out almost immediately.

Comment

That was a great price.. not a steal but a great deal

Comment

Originally posted by NYbocce View Post

Lucky you!
                    thanks it’s a great gun. As for classic ive bought a few from them never been disappointed. I just think they usually price at the higher end of retail. And almost like CMP it’s luck of the draw. US ww1/2 milsurps are not going to ever go down in price so don’t wait too long.

Comment

Nice rifle. I'd buy one.
                      Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

BTW.... even if they had them in stock you wouldn't be able to get one. Classic has stopped selling to NY, NJ & CA "at this time"...
                        Always had good experiences with the previous and current owners. Guess if you live in a commie state you're screwed

Comment

thanks it’s a great gun. As for classic ive bought a few from them never been disappointed. I just think they usually price at the higher end of retail. And almost like CMP it’s luck of the draw. US ww1/2 milsurps are not going to ever go down in price so don’t wait too long.
                          Not liking you right now! LOL! Great collection...

Comment

Great collection. I'm missing the 1917, to complete my collection

Comment

Check oldguns.net
                              They have them for around $900-1000, and their descriptions are accurate. I've bought a Carbine, 1903A3, and a Krag from them. Good guys to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X