Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian M91 Carcano Cavalry Carbine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Italian M91 Carcano Cavalry Carbine

    Anybody get an Italian M91 Carcano Calvary rifle from Classic Firearms recently? Curious about the condition. I heard RTI had them but they were the Ethiopian batch and were really rough...
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/ital...valry-carbine/
    Adopted in 1893, the M91 Carcano Cavalry Carbine was the smaller variant of the standard-issue 1891 infantry rifle. This model was much shorter and lighter than the original, which made it more maneuverable on the battlefield, particularly for light cavalry units. This model also featured the spike bayonet, gave cavalrymen an additional back-up if they were not using their sabers. Like the earlier models, the cavalry rifles are also chambered in 6.5X52mm or "6.5 Carcano" and feed from a 6 round En Bloc clip. Functionally, these were the same as the standard-issue infantry rifles but more compact. The bolt-action on this rifle is incredibly smooth and they feature a traditionally turned bolt knob. Unlike many of the  "Heavy Use " Carcano rifles that you may have seen in the past, these rifles were issued to and carried by the Italian Carabinieri and were then stored in government-controlled arsenals in Italy upon turn in.  See additional details below. These rifles are an incredible piece of history and deserve a spot in your Classic Firearms Collection! C & R Eligible Please see a more complete description under the Show More Tab below for further details on the condition of these rifles.   Note - These do not come with an En Bloc Clip.

    #2
    Bought a bunch of guns from RTI recently (bought many from Classic over the years). Yes, the RTI African stash can be rough but some better than others. Some were really nice and had a great worn look to them (like an Enfield I got). Sometimes you get something rare because they have no idea what they are doing over there and have crates and crates of dust covered guns. It is an absolute roll of the dice --which kind of makes it fun. There are some threads on what people got on the cmp forums and others. BTW they still have a wide assortment of carancos--1891, 1891/24, Model 1891 for special troops, M38 short rifle, etc. Their import mark is also discreet. They are sold out of the M91 though they had it for 69 bucks less.

    Classic is a bit more opportunistic so don't expect something great to fall through the cracks unless you pay for the handpick. These seem nice enough. If you want a decent one I'd go for it.



    If you haven't seen the RTI Ethiopian find (they found thousands of WW2 and earlier rifles stacked in dusty warehouse including M1 carbines, Kar98s, Enfields, Mausers). Very interesting, here is an NRA article on it...

    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...tiger-imports/

    Royal-Tiger-M1-Carbine-4.jpg

    Comment


      #3
      20200915_005149.jpg Nothing like a hot chick and guns.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        20200915_005149.jpg Nothing like a hot chick and guns.
        Nothing like it.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Destro View Post
          Bought a bunch of guns from RTI recently (bought many from Classic over the years). Yes, the RTI African stash can be rough but some better than others. Some were really nice and had a great worn look to them (like an Enfield I got). Sometimes you get something rare because they have no idea what they are doing over there and have crates and crates of dust covered guns. It is an absolute roll of the dice --which kind of makes it fun. There are some threads on what people got on the cmp forums and others. BTW they still have a wide assortment of carancos--1891, 1891/24, Model 1891 for special troops, M38 short rifle, etc. Their import mark is also discreet. They are sold out of the M91 though they had it for 69 bucks less.

          Classic is a bit more opportunistic so don't expect something great to fall through the cracks unless you pay for the handpick. These seem nice enough. If you want a decent one I'd go for it.



          If you haven't seen the RTI Ethiopian find (they found thousands of WW2 and earlier rifles stacked in dusty warehouse including M1 carbines, Kar98s, Enfields, Mausers). Very interesting, here is an NRA article on it...

          https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...tiger-imports/

          Royal-Tiger-M1-Carbine-4.jpg
          Thanks! I would like an M91 uncut version but those appear to be hard to get. Was thinking the Cavalry Carbine might be a good start to a Carcano collection...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NYbocce View Post

            Thanks! I would like an M91 uncut version but those appear to be hard to get. Was thinking the Cavalry Carbine might be a good start to a Carcano collection...
            The Italians occupied Ethiopia from 1935 to 1941, which is why RTI's find includes just about every model of Carcano. It is interesting that you'd own one of those guns with that history too, and if you read the NRA article it's kind of cool being part of that discovery. I'd say check back with RTI's site. Their inventory goes up and down as they unbox new crates (I've been following a few makes for a few months now and that's how they seem to operate.).

            I would definitely pull a trigger on the M91 for 200 bucks, I probably will if they show them in stock again. The enfields I got I'm very happy with. If you want one now, he cavalry carbine from Classic seems fine (milsurp "finds" are drying out, in a few years you would probably regret not picking either up).
            https://www.royaltigerimports.com/pr...arcano0002.htm

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Destro View Post

              The Italians occupied Ethiopia from 1935 to 1941, which is why RTI's find includes just about every model of Carcano. It is interesting that you'd own one of those guns with that history too, and if you read the NRA article it's kind of cool being part of that discovery. I'd say check back with RTI's site. Their inventory goes up and down as they unbox new crates (I've been following a few makes for a few months now and that's how they seem to operate.).

              I would definitely pull a trigger on the M91 for 200 bucks, I probably will if they show them in stock again. The enfields I got I'm very happy with. If you want one now, he cavalry carbine from Classic seems fine (milsurp "finds" are drying out, in a few years you would probably regret not picking either up).
              https://www.royaltigerimports.com/pr...arcano0002.htm
              Great, thanks for the info! If you come across other "finds" and care to share it would be greatly appreciated!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Destro View Post

                The Italians occupied Ethiopia from 1935 to 1941, which is why RTI's find includes just about every model of Carcano. It is interesting that you'd own one of those guns with that history too, and if you read the NRA article it's kind of cool being part of that discovery. I'd say check back with RTI's site. Their inventory goes up and down as they unbox new crates (I've been following a few makes for a few months now and that's how they seem to operate.).

                I would definitely pull a trigger on the M91 for 200 bucks, I probably will if they show them in stock again. The enfields I got I'm very happy with. If you want one now, he cavalry carbine from Classic seems fine (milsurp "finds" are drying out, in a few years you would probably regret not picking either up).
                https://www.royaltigerimports.com/pr...arcano0002.htm
                The one's they got pictured up at Classic look purtier.....but who knows even 'hand select' can be shit from 10 that are shit...been there, seen that

                Comment


                  #9
                  Buy Italian M91 Carcano Calvary Carbine 6.5x52 Surplus 6.5 M-91 91: GunBroker is the largest seller of Bolt Action Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All
                  "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X