G43 ac45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G43 ac45

As long as we have the American semi autos posted, we may as well post what is known as "Hitler's Garand".
    This example is untouched and shows late war production issues. The stock is rough hewn and has a ton of "corn cob" showing how Germany was rushing these into service and taking short cuts. This is an all numbers matching G43 AC45 Walther produced rifle. The ZF4 scope and mount don't match the gun but are period correct original and complete this rifle sniper package. These had a 10 round detachable magazine.

Beautiful

Comment

Still a beautiful rifle.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Wow very nice.

Comment

More pics

Comment

Thanks, first time ever looking at one.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
            - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
            - James Madison

Comment

Very cool rifle. I've always found the semi-autos fielded by the Germans and Soviets to be interesting. How's it shoot and handle?

Comment

Beautiful. Is it a shooter?

Comment

These were heavy, awkward rifles. The ones I own are not "shooters". The Germans numbered every part and hand fitted them to each rifle so breaking a part during firing is not an option on an all matching rifle at least for me. These guns were tremendously over gassed. They were known to have serious receiver damage as a result of the bolt slamming into the rear of the receiver housing and cracking the bolt or bulging the housing. Anyone that wants to shoot one of these rifles need to buy a shooters kit that has an adjustable gas return and new springs to avoid damage/injury.
                  One of these days I'll get around to buying a straight up shooter and enjoying it.
                  I have shot a 1938 K98 and the sights are dead nuts on for an old bolt action rifle.

Comment

Working...
                  X