Yugo M48 Mauser value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yugo M48 Mauser value

I have been offered a Yugo Mauser [M48?] in 8mm. It has been sporterized with an Archangel stock a forward mounted scout scope folding bipod and fitted for detachable magazines. 3 10 rd mags included. Original wood stock included too.
    I'm trying to figure out what its worth. Not many comps on GB.
    Any Mauser Meisters on board??

I found this completed auction if that's any help.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Yugo Mausers in VG condition probably go for between $350 - $500.
      The Archangel stock I see online for this runs about $169.
      I'm a big fan of the Yugo Mauser. Especially for those that cannot get a German K98 at a reasonable price (not anymore anyway), the Yugo is an excellent choice and most were arsenal refurb'd or in great condition that are out there

Comment

Great guns but the cheap 8mm ammo disappeared a long time ago
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
          SemiAutoFetish commented
          Editing a comment
          What's "cheap ammo"??? Nothing is cheap anymore

• class3
          class3 commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the side effects of being an old fart is remembering when Mauser ammo was available by the wooden case for 9 cents per round. It really wasn't that long ago, all things considered.

• SemiAutoFetish
          SemiAutoFetish commented
          Editing a comment
          The green surplus spam can was under $100 when I was getting it...those were the days

So a $600 ask for the package is fair?
        I'm seeing plinking ammo for $.75 /rd and hunting ammo around $1.40.
        I don't think I'll be using this for hunting though

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
          SemiAutoFetish commented
          Editing a comment
          it's a "fair" price IMHO.....but cash makes deals...far often for less

My first question before I bought it ---- can I find the ammo for it & how much ?
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
          My first question before I bought it ---- can I find the ammo for it & how much ?
          When you WANT a gun...you just get it. End of story

Comment

For what it is worth, I paid Classic Firearms $450 about 4-5 years ago. Then put about $30,000 of my time into getting the cosmoline out of the stock and refinishing it.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

IMG_1572.JPG
              It turns out it's an M24/47 not a 48
              Isn't it great when people don't know what they have?
              Owner is still trying to locate the original wood stock and ammo
              Take it or pass???

Comment

• Organix
                Organix commented
                Editing a comment
                Uhh I dont know if it just me, but every time I see a sporterized Surplus Rifle I cringe. I believe these guns should be left as is so that one can appreciate the history. I would go for it if you can get the original stock.

Originally posted by Sport454 View Post
              IMG_1572.JPG
              It turns out it's an M24/47 not a 48
              Isn't it great when people don't know what they have?
              Owner is still trying to locate the original wood stock and ammo
              Take it or pass???
              Yikes, bubba really put an effort into this gun … stay away from it unless he offers it for $250.

Comment

I personally wouldn't buy anything sporterized unless I could make it back to original without too much effort. There's zero collector value in it otherwise.

So, if you think it's a good hunting or plinking/target rifle for $600.....go for it. Seems to me there are better options.
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Working...
                X