FFL needed for M1 Carbine w. Lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFL needed for M1 Carbine w. Lug

I'm thinking of buying a an M1 Carbine (WWII Inland) from Classic. They come with a bayonet lug, but because they are 50+ years old are NY legal. I know some FFL's are reluctant for some reason under this exception to the Safe Act. Anybody have a lead on an enlightened FFL who will transfer?
    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

can you find a ffl who will pull off the sight and swap out the front band to one without a lug ???? then its not a " evil asssssault weaopaon ""

Comment

• LI Ammo
      LI Ammo
      Gunseller
      LI Ammo commented
      Editing a comment
      No!
      Don't pull anything!
      If it's a US Issue we can prove its over 50 years old. You don't need to do anything. You can absolutely have a bayo lug on a US Carbine.
      20-round mags are a problem because you can't prove their age, so don't have them shipped in.
      Ship it to Karp's if you are near East Northport.

I would check with Bruce at Hunters Essentials.

Comment

Years ago I would have suggested Campsite but with staff changes I don’t know.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

If I recall correctly they have to be registered if they have the bayo lug. Damn shame.

You can always play M1 Carbine Mohel and go that route 🔽

https://www.fulton-armory.com/barrel...tlugrepro.aspx
        Barrel Band, Type 1, without Bayonet Lug, M1 Carbine
        Price: $19.95
        Part #: FA-C-004
        In Stock
        Quantity:
        This is a quality reproduction of an impossible-to-find part, essential for that early carbine restoration, or just that early carbine "look."

After WWII, the Ordnance Department ordered that all "Type 1" barrel bands and flip sights be replaced with barrel bands with bayonet lugs and adjustable sights.
        Those original parts were discarded, which makes them impossible to find today! Here's your chance to get one nearly indistinguishable from the original.

Comment

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer
          It's still 9-11-01
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I did but it was before the registration deadline. The key holding on the front sight was a stubborn SOB. I bought replacements. It worked.

• LI Ammo
          LI Ammo
          Gunseller
          LI Ammo commented
          Editing a comment
          At least the Mohel won't cut the barrel shorter...

I would probably take it off, using either the FFL or myself.

Comment

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer
          It's still 9-11-01
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s doable but the ideal is to get it done beforehand to avoid registration. I bought removal tools from
          Matrixprecisionparts.com and get some Kroil
          Barnslayer
          It's still 9-11-01
          Last edited by Barnslayer; 01-04-2022, 11:21 PM.

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
        If I recall correctly they have to be registered if they have the bayo lug. Damn shame.

Yes the law says you are supposed to register it, but that is not a requirement of the transfer or a responsibility of the FFL.
        You can bring the US Carbine 30 cal into any FFL, and certainly we would do the transfer if your closest shop will not do it.

The only time this is an issue is when you buy one of the several 1970s or 1980s versions that we can't guarantee the age of. For example, the Universal brand which was made until the 1980s.
        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Yes the law says you are supposed to register it, but that is not a requirement of the transfer or a responsibility of the FFL.
          You can bring the US Carbine 30 cal into any FFL, and certainly we would do the transfer if your closest shop will not do it.

The only time this is an issue is when you buy one of the several 1970s or 1980s versions that we can't guarantee the age of. For example, the Universal brand which was made until the 1980s.
          Thats awesome, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X