Mas m1949

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mas m1949

Picked this up recently. Goes with the others (MAS 36 & 49/56), but I think I'm done with the French line for a while....unless anyone's selling a Lebel or Berthier?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-01-2016, 04:23 PM.
    “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
    Algernon Blackwood

Where is the white flag mount?
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
      Don't you just stick it down the barrel and hold it up?
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I thought all French rifles were white parade rifles that don't fire.

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
          That's usually mounted in their rectum.

Comment

Those stocks look very good for being thrown down a lot.
            III%

Comment

Damn....tough crowd. I should probably just sell these for really, really cheap...being they're French and all.
              Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-02-2016, 12:25 AM.
              Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Anyone wanna buy a French rifle? Never fired, dropped only once. Except yours Dan, those are awesome 😋

Comment

Didn't Century convert a bunch to .308 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
                    Didn't Century convert a bunch to .308 ?
                    I think they did some of the MAS 49/56's (shortest barrel rifle in photos) with mixed results.
                    Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-02-2016, 08:30 AM.
                    Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I think they did some of the MAS 49/56's (top of second photo) with mixed results.
                      Yeah Around the time they were out, Id heard of nothing but issues with the .308 conversions. I didnt recall as to who had converted them. Guys bought them because of the scarcity of 7.5 and "cool factor" as I recall some were made to look like an AR but I could be mistaken. Enjoy them in there original chambering!

Comment

Originally posted by C6NY
                        Look like Planet of the Apes Rifles.

The Frogs make their weapons like the make their automobiles, ugly.

How do they shoot? History has shown they're not known for their excellent military arms.
                        I disagree. Their MAS 36/44/49/49-56's are known to be accurate, robust, reliable battle rifles. They suffer from tales of their military. They did those rifles right, from what I've read. What I can see is that they ARE very well made.
                        Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-02-2016, 08:31 AM.
                        Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Nice Danny,

Comment

From what I recall, a now retired and living in Fla buddy from work had one in 7.5 and the thing worked very well. Accurate too! Post an AAR Dan if you can find that much ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                              Picked this up recently. Goes with the others (MAS 36 & 49/56), but I think I'm done with the French line for a while....unless anyone's selling a Lebel or Berthier?
                              I added a 36/51 version. So there's a 36, a 36/51(bolt-actions) , and a 49 and a 49/56 (semi-autos).
                              Attached Files
                              Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Working...
                              X