Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuff's Mini G & Barreled Receiver

Shuff's Mini G:

M1 Garand modified for 16" barrel, .308 barrel conversion, modified operating rod and follower rod, dropped her in a laminated stock, Ultimak scout rail, SEI muzzle break, primary arms red dot.

4.8M serial number Springfield Armory Receiver in excellent condition with an excellent 30-06 barrel (1 ME, 3 TE). Will be for a future build
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Looks great.
    Question - why go with a 308 conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post
      Looks great.
      Question - why go with a 308 conversion?
      Lower recoil, less cost per round, just as accurate round if not better than the 30-06.

Considering a .308 conversion with the M1 build.

Comment

BLASPHEMER.jpg~c200.jpeg
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Negative. It's a tanker just a better build.

Comment

Pre-UNsafe bullshit, normally I'd say "why" but in these times,with who is in office, who can possiably be elected (pick any level of Gov. to be ill) and with what is available to us in this state, you might have us all beat with that. Buy a smattering of different .308 , follow what the manufacture of the gun recommends and test it out, i.e. shoot the shit out of it! Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
              Pre-UNsafe bullshit, normally I'd say "why" but in these times,with who is in office, who can possiably be elected (pick any level of Gov. to be ill) and with what is available to us in this state, you might have us all beat with that. Buy a smattering of different .308 , follow what the manufacture of the gun recommends and test it out, i.e. shoot the shit out of it! Good luck and enjoy!
              lol why? because America! It's a tanker Garand just modified a little.

I've got a decent stock of M80 ball. Gonna sight her in soon.

Comment

Looks great.

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Just remember M80 Ball is loaded to "looser" tolerances than other 7.62 /.308 rounds in Mil inventory as its specifically for M240 and other full auto platforms. It's not a match round by any means . That being said, a little dispersion in full auto fire on a battlefield ain't a bad thing! Branch out to different 308 loads, you might be able to wring out some excellent accuracy from it. I'm sure the manufacturer function fired and accuracy tested the gun before shipping it out, find out what they utilized.

Comment

Just remember M80 Ball is loaded to "looser" tolerances than other 7.62 /.308 rounds in Mil inventory as its specifically for M240 and other full auto platforms. It's not a match round by any means . That being said, a little dispersion in full auto fire on a battlefield ain't a bad thing! Branch out to different 308 loads, you might be able to wring out some excellent accuracy from it. I'm sure the manufacturer function fired and accuracy tested the gun before shipping it out, find out what they utilized.
                    It was tested with surplus m80 ball ammo. It has a schuster gas plug so I can tune any .308 to it without worry of bending the op rod.

If if I get her to 2-3 MOA with m80 I'll be fine.

Comment

Did they recommend a specific weight/ load? Im thinking Garands were recommened not to use commercial 30-06 loadings. My guess is youll definetely will get to 2-3 MOA,with it. The finish and fit look excellent!

Comment

Did they recommend a specific weight/ load? Im thinking Garands were recommened not to use commercial 30-06 loadings. My guess is youll definetely will get to 2-3 MOA,with it. The finish and fit look excellent!
                        If you use the standard GI gas plug only M1 Garand approved ammo. Use of an adjustable gas plug allows use of commercial ammo as you can control the pressure build up inside the gas tube and you won't bend the op rod from excessive pressure.

Comment

That came out great! If you don't mind me asking, how much did this build run you?

Comment

All pricing is up on his website:

http://shuffsparkerizing.com/order/

Nice guy. Total turn around time was about 1 month including weekends.

My order ran a little higher as I supplied extra parts for him to modify for spares and I added the .308 barrel. Got my original barrel back so I'm going to sell it to offset the barrel conversion cost. Total cost on my end if you net out the barrel was in the $700 range with extra parts and extra insurance.

Comment

I like it, let us know how it shoots
                              stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Working...
                              X