Marlin 45/70 Stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlin 45/70 Stainless

I got an itch for a Marlin 45/70 large loop in stainless anyone have any pro's and con's ? Thanks in advance . Rob
    There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

The only con I can think of is the cost of Ammo.
    I've thought of that one also.....no good reason to get one......just because I can.

Comment

Well it's not gunna be a plinker.. And the ammo is cheaper than Ruger 375 so there Iam ahead of the game. Iam thinking a passer down to my boys .
      There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

I just love the look .

Comment

I think 1875 guy or whatever his name is has/had one. Really freaking nice too!

Comment

Cons are the new Remlins (Marlins after big green bought them and fired most of Marlins staff) have horrible quality issues. Many finishing issues like poorly fitted stocks and burrs in the metal. Some ejection issues. I would inspect and handle one prior to buying.

I personally only collect older pre-Remington made marlins with the JM stamp. The 1895GS is a beaut (love the stainless w/black laminate and big loop look), and a great guide gun. Just make sure you get one that's manufactured properly.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Good advice Destro thanks I'll look into that .

Comment

What about the 444 ?

Comment

You want to see sweet check out some of the SBR lever guns Grizzly Customs makes...

grizzly_custom_guns_backpacker_scout_marlin_package_lever_action_sbr_short_barreled_rifle_6.jpg

fdd03042c0567671e1fa5de63c6472f4.jpg

lever_pkg_right_1.jpg

Comment

Wow wholy nice rifle probably out of my price range though .... I can't seem to find how much their going for ... Any idea ?

Comment

Doesn't matter, no SBRs in NY state They do beautiful work, google Grizzy Customs...

Comment

Whatever you get, have it bore sighted. I rescoped my late FIL .444 Marlin and my shoulder no likey sighting in.. I think the 45-70 is the way to go though, ammo is prob easier to find than the .444 was.. Also, brownells sells, or used to, the large loop if you score a deal on used.
                          Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
                          Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
                          Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

• Southshorerob
                            Southshorerob commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I seen that ... Pretty expensive piece of metal ... But worth it I guess.

Originally posted by Southshorerob View Post
                          Sweet

i took my girlfriend to see Jurasic World and she has been wanting the stainless and laminate riffle just like that ever since lol

they have become pricey since the movie came out in that configuration too

Comment

Had the SBL. Sold it to Bobbytaz... Loved that gun and miss it dearly but it was pricey to shoot. Was up to $45 a box at one point. Aside from that i loved everything about it. And FTR it wasnt a JM marked one. The fit wasnt flawless but was plenty good enough. I say go for it. Im sure as hell going to get another when i have spare money lying around.
                            "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                            X