Marlin 39A / 39AS ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin 39A / 39AS ?

Ok, so I've been looking at .22 lever action rifles and the only one I can find that has a "pistol" grip versus a straight stock is the Marlin 39A and 39AS. They're obviously old and there's a bunch on gunbroker but what should I be looking for ? What is the difference between the 39A and the 39AS? Any other info on these ?

It is my understanding that the first version, the Marlin 39A 1st Model had a case colored receiver. The second version, the Marlin 39A 2nd Model also had a case colored receiver and had a B prefix in the serial number and a difference in the lever - I think the 1st model had a lever that was squared off at the rear and the 2nd model had a rounded lever. There were also other differences as far as I am aware. They were followed by the Marlin 39A 3rd Model and that one had three variations. The 3rd Model variations all had a blued receiver but there were other differences.

I suggest you go to the Marlin Owners Forums for more help: http://www.marlinowners.com/index.php

As for the Model 39A/AS, I believe that was the most recent production of the 39A but also think it is no longer in production.
    Last edited by Glenn B; 08-06-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Winchester made a 94-22 with a pistol grip. It's called the legacy.

Comment

These guns have 19-round tubular magazines. Is this OK in NY?

Comment

Yes, they are excluded.

Edit to add...except for NYC most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
            Yes, they are excluded.

Edit to add...except for NYC most likely.
            From what are they excluded?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post

From what are they excluded?
              From the ban on magazines over 10 rounds. After doing a bit more research, it is now my understanding that tubular magazines that are attached to the gun and that are limited to .22 rimfire cartridges are not subject to the 10-round limit. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in because if I'm wrong, then this gun is a non-starter.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

From the ban on magazines over 10 rounds. After doing a bit more research, it is now my understanding that tubular magazines that are attached to the gun and that are limited to .22 rimfire cartridges are not subject to the 10-round limit. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in because if I'm wrong, then this gun is a non-starter.
                Nope...you got it right, as far as I understand it.

Comment

Working...
                X