New Marlin 336

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Marlin 336

Just picked up my latest purchase and my first thread on a new firearm bought by me on this website.
    For a long, long time I've wanted a lever action rifle but other firearms and life in general came first. I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new Marlin 336C 30-30. Picked it up at Port Jeff Army Navy and quite pleased with the staff there and the transaction, thanks Peter. I gave the rifle a good going over and its quite nice. the walnut stock is very good although not very well grained but not too plain either. The fit and finish of the metal to wood is very good and the metal has no sharp edges and the bluing looks deep and beautifully done. From the stamp on the barrel the rifle was produced in Dec 2015. As many know there was a serious learning curve by Remington once they took over production. I can say based on the one I picked up today they have got their act together. I haven't fired it yet obviously but will soon enough. Heres a couple pictures

Last edited by C6NY; 06-02-2016, 03:55 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Sweet! That's on my short list, great fun for the Northeast. Good luck with it!

Comment

Great looking rifle ...congratulation just give her a good home
      There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Good luck with it. Sold mine many moons ago and still regret it.........

Comment

Good luck with it. I inherited one from my FIL from about the 70's. I recently read through the manual and it listed Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th Avenue in Manhattan as a local seller/repair shop. Wonder what would happen if I walked into an A&F now with one.
          The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

I thought that rifle was like a 10/22 and everybody had one. Good luck with it. Got mine a long time ago at Service Merchandise . Different model # but same gun . One day I'll take a deer with it. My father took several

Comment

Very nice. Interested in hearing whether or not this is a Remlin or up to par.
              “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Levers are pretty cool and seem to grow in my safe!

Comment

I have a 336 in 30-30. Great rifle, lots of fun to shoot, enjoy it!!

Comment

Congrats enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                      Good luck with it. I inherited one from my FIL from about the 70's. I recently read through the manual and it listed Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th Avenue in Manhattan as a local seller/repair shop. Wonder what would happen if I walked into an A&F now with one.
                      ESU would be fast roping out of Helos on your ass.

Comment

Lever actions are a lot of fun (and tactical too). I suspect you will one day have more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                          Very nice. Interested in hearing whether or not this is a Remlin or up to par.
                          It is a Remiln and is good to go thus far prior to shooting. There weren't many issues with firing just fit and finish for the most part. All reports I've read indicate they've worked out the issues the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post
                            Lever actions are a lot of fun (and tactical too). I suspect you will one day have more than one.
                            I'm already thinking of a 45-70. I need an intervention!

Comment

I just put a Williams peep sight on mine in anticipation of deer season and a Georgia hog hunt in January. My Remlin is two years old and functions perfectly, however the wood isn't as nice as yours.

Originally posted by C6NY View Post
                              I'm already thinking of a 45-70. I need an intervention!
                              You don't need an intervention - you need a bigger safe.
                              Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X