New Marlin Lever Rifles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Marlin Lever Rifles

Although details are slim at the moment, information from multiple sources is revealing a variety of new Marlin lever action rifles set to be available to consumers soon. Heavy on the pistol calibers, Marlin is featuring the 1894CST, a threaded barrel carbine chambered in .38 Special/.357 Magnum. Long sought after by silencer lovers, lever gun hosts were sent to gunsmiths for barrel threading and, in many cases, magazine tube shortening.

Other features on the new Marlin lever guns include XS Sight Systems ghost ring sights, big loop levers, and weather resistant stainless steel finishes. Besides the 38/357 chamberings, Marlin is making the new carbines available in .44 Special/.44 Magnum.
    With MSRP set for around $1,100 for the two models detailed below, rumors are hinting at a street price of about $900. With the popularity of pistol caliber lever action rifles on the rise, expect these new models to sell quickly.

Additional details are listed below. Marlin 1894cST Trapper SS Specifications:

• UPC: 026495704384
    • Stainless/Black Polymer
    • .38Spc/.357Mag
    • 16.5” Threaded Barrel (1/2 x 28)
    • 6+1 Tubular Magazine
    • XS Ghost Ring Sights
    • Big Loop Lever
    • MSRP: $1154.00
    • Marlin 1895GS Trapper SS Specifications:

• UPC: 026495704506
    • Stainless/Black Polymer
    • .45-70
    • 16.5” Barrel
    • 4+1 Tubular Magazine
    • XS Ghost Ring Sights
    • Big Loop Lever
    • MSRP: $1,123.42
    Although details are slim at the moment, information from multiple sources is revealing a variety of new Marlin lever action rifles set to be available to consumers soon. Heavy on the pistol calibers, Marlin is featuring the 1894CST, a threaded barrel carbine chambered in .38 Special/.357 Magnum. Long sought after by silencer lovers, lever gun hosts … Read More …
    NRA Endowment Member

Someone at Marlin has a sense of humor.

Comment

I don't think 45-70 is enough gun for a T Rex. Shot placement is always critical, but they are heavily armored.

Comment

Threaded barrels on everything are a big trend lately I am seeing. Back in 2013 when I was buying my first bolt action I do not remember seeing any with threaded barrels, not that I was looking for it anyway

Comment

I didn't know .357 Magnum sub-sonic rounds were a thing. Are they a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
            I didn't know .357 Magnum sub-sonic rounds were a thing. Are they a thing?
            Yeah, it's called a .38 special. That said, you can still use a suppressor with supersonic rounds. It will still muffle the report of the gunshot, just obviously not the supersonic crack of the bullet as it flies.

Comment

With their quality the past few years under Remington's expert guidance, I wouldn't buy a new Marlin in general - especially not at that price. There's a much better alternative out there, unless you absolutely have to have a threaded barrel from the factory for some reason.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/all-weather-big-boy/

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
                With their quality the past few years under Remington's expert guidance, I wouldn't buy a new Marlin in general - especially not at that price. There's a much better alternative out there, unless you absolutely have to have a threaded barrel from the factory for some reason.

I bought a new Marlin 336c about a year and a half ago. The metal work and walnut is very nicely done and everything fits beautifully with no gaps or flaws and the mechanics have been very good. A bit stiff initially but lubing it and working the action a couple hundreds times while watching tv has made it almost buttery smooth. Have probably 300-400 rnds through it without a hitch. I've heard the horror stories since the takeover but that was some years ago and I've read they worked out the problems. They certainly did in mine.

Found the thread I started when I first got it. Has some poor quality pics and a brief review.
                https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...new-marlin-336

I like the Henrys but the tubular mag was a deal breaker for me.
                Last edited by C6NY; 01-24-2018, 10:57 AM.
                "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

I've always wanted a lever action Henry, but I'll never buy a tube loader. Bit of a catch 22. Same dilemma with women...I've always wanted a Russian bride, but I don't do mail order.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
                    Someone at Marlin has a sense of humor.
                    That probably stems from the fact that the 1895 was featured in Jurassic world.

Image result for jurassic world marlin 1895

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

I've always wanted a lever action Henry, but I'll never buy a tube loader. Bit of a catch 22. Same dilemma with women...I've always wanted a Russian bride, but I don't do mail order.
                      I'm right there with you. For me, the quality of the Henry lineup outweighs the tube load, but I do hate the tube load on anything bigger than a .22lr.

Comment

I'm right there with you. For me, the quality of the Henry lineup outweighs the tube load, but I do hate the tube load on anything bigger than a .22lr.
                        But centerfire rifle tubes load through the port in the receiver. Unlike 22's, where you have to pull out the front end of the magazine tube, and drop the cartridges down.
                        So it's 2 different ways of loading, though they both have tube magazines.
                        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
                          That probably stems from the fact that the 1895 was featured in Jurassic world.

Image result for jurassic world marlin 1895
                          And they are going to milk it for every cent it's worth. Marketing 101

As for the poor QC issues, that is an old story from when they were first gobbled up by Remington, years ago. I have not heard anything bad about them in a very long time. I own one, post Remmy in 38/357, and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, in function nor fit. They have damn near been impossible to buy for a while though.
                          Last edited by bigbore44; 01-24-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post

But centerfire rifle tubes load through the port in the receiver. Unlike 22's, where you have to pull out the front end of the magazine tube, and drop the cartridges down.
                            So it's 2 different ways of loading, though they both have tube magazines.
                            No, on the Henry rifles, the centerfire rifles load just like the .22 does. Henry does not use a loading gate in the receiver.

Comment

Only good thing about that is, that you don't have to cycle ALL the ammo through the action to unload it.

Comment

Working...
                              X