Browning BL .22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BL .22

So I've kind of come full circle here in my older age and have rediscovered .22 shooting. Recently acquired two Ruger 77/22 bolt guns and started looking for a .22 lever and my search has lead me to the Browning BL .22 lever guns. Nothing but glowing reviews on the rifle and before I purchase one would love to see it in person. My question to you all is there a gun shop on Long island that might have these in stock? Would prefer to purchase one from a local shop rather then gunbroker. Appreciate any leads on one either grade I or II.

Since this rifle has been in production for decades does anyone know if and older BL .22 is a better quality then the current one Browning produces? Any help with that and where I might find one in stock here on the Island would be greatly appreciated.

I have one and with the short stroke it's crazy fast! You won't regret it. I also have a Henry and as nice as the Henry is the Browning is even nicer. Not sure how old mine is. I bought it used with a few dings about 10 years ago.

Comment

Forgot to add as far as I know there used to be 2 grades of the BL 22

Comment

Campsite had one the last time I looked for one

Comment

I've got one from 1976, the thing is nice.

Comment

Geat rifle you won't be disappointed..... find used beauty and save $
            Last edited by Southshorerob; 05-13-2018, 05:19 PM.
            There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post
              So I've kind of come full circle here in my older age and have rediscovered .22 shooting. Recently acquired two Ruger 77/22 bolt guns and started looking for a .22 lever and my search has lead me to the Browning BL .22 lever guns. Nothing but glowing reviews on the rifle and before I purchase one would love to see it in person. My question to you all is there a gun shop on Long island that might have these in stock? Would prefer to purchase one from a local shop rather then gunbroker. Appreciate any leads on one either grade I or II.

Since this rifle has been in production for decades does anyone know if and older BL .22 is a better quality then the current one Browning produces? Any help with that and where I might find one in stock here on the Island would be greatly appreciated.
              Just a note if you do not already know ( I have a 2000'ed 77/22 and just love it!!) the mag's for the 77/22 are not the same as a 10/22 (some work some don't) when I got mine it was used and had a 10/22 mag with it and I had feeding issues with a full mag. I check with Ruger CS and they told me that they were different, So picked up the right mags and no more issues! Also do not use the 77/22 mags in a 10/22 they may get stuck!

Now for a lever gun I found one of these a few years ago to go along with my 10/22's and 77/22 and RAR! The 96/22 use's the 77/22 mags also!

20140323_105938_resized.jpg
              Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
              NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
              Member of SCOPE
              Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Check out South Shore in Merrick. I've seen them and they are sweet shooters. Short throw is a nice feature as you can keep it shouldered. I have a Marlin 57 levermatic (made in late 50's) that has a short throw (26 degrees) and anyone that shoots it likes flick of the fingers to cycle the action
                Attached Files
                "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                  Check out South Shore in Merrick. I've seen them and they are sweet shooters. Short throw is a nice feature as you can keep it shouldered. I have a Marlin 57 levermatic (made in late 50's) that has a short throw (26 degrees) and anyone that shoots it likes flick of the fingers to cycle the action
                  I have the 57m (magnum) also! 15rds

20140323_104515_resized.jpg

Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
                  NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
                  Member of SCOPE
                  Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Working...
                  X