Browning BL .22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BL .22

So I've kind of come full circle here in my older age and have rediscovered .22 shooting. Recently acquired two Ruger 77/22 bolt guns and started looking for a .22 lever and my search has lead me to the Browning BL .22 lever guns. Nothing but glowing reviews on the rifle and before I purchase one would love to see it in person. My question to you all is there a gun shop on Long island that might have these in stock? Would prefer to purchase one from a local shop rather then gunbroker. Appreciate any leads on one either grade I or II.

Since this rifle has been in production for decades does anyone know if and older BL .22 is a better quality then the current one Browning produces? Any help with that and where I might find one in stock here on the Island would be greatly appreciated.

I have one and with the short stroke it's crazy fast! You won't regret it. I also have a Henry and as nice as the Henry is the Browning is even nicer. Not sure how old mine is. I bought it used with a few dings about 10 years ago.

Comment

Forgot to add as far as I know there used to be 2 grades of the BL 22

Comment

Campsite had one the last time I looked for one

Comment

I've got one from 1976, the thing is nice.

Comment

Geat rifle you won't be disappointed..... find used beauty and save $
            Last edited by Southshorerob; 05-13-2018, 05:19 PM.
            There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post
              So I've kind of come full circle here in my older age and have rediscovered .22 shooting. Recently acquired two Ruger 77/22 bolt guns and started looking for a .22 lever and my search has lead me to the Browning BL .22 lever guns. Nothing but glowing reviews on the rifle and before I purchase one would love to see it in person. My question to you all is there a gun shop on Long island that might have these in stock? Would prefer to purchase one from a local shop rather then gunbroker. Appreciate any leads on one either grade I or II.

Since this rifle has been in production for decades does anyone know if and older BL .22 is a better quality then the current one Browning produces? Any help with that and where I might find one in stock here on the Island would be greatly appreciated.
              Just a note if you do not already know ( I have a 2000'ed 77/22 and just love it!!) the mag's for the 77/22 are not the same as a 10/22 (some work some don't) when I got mine it was used and had a 10/22 mag with it and I had feeding issues with a full mag. I check with Ruger CS and they told me that they were different, So picked up the right mags and no more issues! Also do not use the 77/22 mags in a 10/22 they may get stuck!

Now for a lever gun I found one of these a few years ago to go along with my 10/22's and 77/22 and RAR! The 96/22 use's the 77/22 mags also!

20140323_105938_resized.jpg
              Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
              NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
              Member of SCOPE
              Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Check out South Shore in Merrick. I've seen them and they are sweet shooters. Short throw is a nice feature as you can keep it shouldered. I have a Marlin 57 levermatic (made in late 50's) that has a short throw (26 degrees) and anyone that shoots it likes flick of the fingers to cycle the action
                Attached Files
                A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                  Check out South Shore in Merrick. I've seen them and they are sweet shooters. Short throw is a nice feature as you can keep it shouldered. I have a Marlin 57 levermatic (made in late 50's) that has a short throw (26 degrees) and anyone that shoots it likes flick of the fingers to cycle the action
                  I have the 57m (magnum) also! 15rds

20140323_104515_resized.jpg

Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
                  NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
                  Member of SCOPE
                  Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Working...
                  X