Adult Equivalent of Daisy Red Ryder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adult Equivalent of Daisy Red Ryder?

Friend has a piece of property where he can shoot off the back patio with an air rifle.

He was playing around with his old red ryder and turned to me and goes "Vick, what is the adult equivalent of this thing? Don't need too much zip, want it to shoot BB's, but want it to be a bit more full size".

I was honestly stumped.

So what's out there for an easy, single stroke BB gun? Just looking to plunk cans and warn the occasional squirrel to get away from the bird feeder.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

crosman-760b-pumpmaster-air-rifle-51.jpg Your basic Crossman 760 pump BB rifle. It's still going to be smaller than a real rifle. And depending on how much you pump it, that determines the velocities of the bb's. Plus, it'll shoot pellets too.
    Otherwise, most single stroke guns are the high powered, spring loaded, break open pellet guns.
    Last edited by Postal Bob; 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM.
    Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
    Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Walther makes a lever action CO2 rifle.
      Can't get the picture to load from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        Walther makes a lever action CO2 rifle.
        Can't get the picture to load from my phone.
        Thanks YK, but he is looking for a spring gun. Easy, quiet, fun. Just something to keep by the back door.
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

Thanks YK, but he is looking for a spring gun. Easy, quiet, fun. Just something to keep by the back door.
          Spring air guns are surprisingly loud. I truly believe they are equivalent to a 10/22.

Comment

Anything DSI sells,look like toys or anything in 9mm

Comment

Seneca makes nic lever guns, but pricey

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Senec...00_Carbine/463
              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

If it has to be a spring gun, you cannot do better than a Daisy Red Ryder. Years ago I bought an adult length RR from Walmart. It is not powerful, but is fun to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Spring air guns are surprisingly loud. I truly believe they are equivalent to a 10/22.
                  not at 340 fps!

Comment

Thanks Kentucky Gold for the lead. Check this out!

http://909702.sites.myregisteredsite...ized_stock.htm

Also I've always wanted to take this guy's course.

Comment

https://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-...t=All%20Brands

I've had this for about a decade now and still shoot it from time to time.
                      Just don't dry fire it, the neighbors will think it's a gun and call the police.
                      A sunny day
                      A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                      Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

9f191db19eecf060480bb7768f3e3036.jpg
                        Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

I'm 55. Still got my Red Ryder.

Paul

Comment

Honestly can't go wrong with a full auto either...
                            https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umare...oup%2520%25231

A sunny day
                            A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                            Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Bolt action 22with sub sonic rds should be quiet enough

Comment

Working...
                              X