Marlin's 1894 CSBL .357 All weather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlin's 1894 CSBL .357 All weather....

So it's kind of peeked my attention, released in 2018 16.5" barrel, stainless reciever and barrel, laminate stock with rail . Anyone have one and your thoughts on it if you do? Running around a grand on broker at this time and seems to have excaped previous problems of the merger but still apprehensive on the newer Remlins. I do have a Henry in all weather and a Rossi in stainless but this really has me thinking about pulling the trigger on...

No issues with my later Remlin. Fit & finish just fine, as well as the action. Fun gun to shoot.

Comment

C45A04E8-F702-4C5A-A283-D0FCFC279EDE.gif

Comment

Well...don't want to do one off the net so if in anyone's travels to the shops here on the island you might see one on the shelf let me know. I need to hold and fondle this one to see if she's right for me.

Comment

Saw one in South shore sportsman a few months back when I was picking up something else. Held off on buying it, but they made it seem like they have them in stock fairly regularly. I'd give them a call.

Comment

Appreciate it thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post
              Appreciate it thanks .
              Did you ever pick one up? They’re beautiful. Dan and I were just talking about them earlier today. They’re a big high priced in my opinion for a pistol caliber rifle, but they’re extremely appealing. They also have the same exact model in 44 Mag which means if you buy one, you’ll need the other!

Comment

Originally posted by Wuggzwest View Post

Did you ever pick one up? They’re beautiful. Dan and I were just talking about them earlier today. They’re a big high priced in my opinion for a pistol caliber rifle, but they’re extremely appealing. They also have the same exact model in 44 Mag which means if you buy one, you’ll need the other!
                No not as of yet. Changing things up a bit in my collection and once the weeding things is out then I plan to buy.

Comment

No not as of yet. Changing things up a bit in my collection and once the weeding things is out then I plan to buy.
                  Yeah I might do the same!

Comment

Got mine at Suffolk sportsman haggled an out the door price I could live with.
                    There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Originally posted by Wuggzwest View Post

That's how I ended up with buying Dales M77 .357 all weather, I already had the .44mag to go with it. The lever guns I had taken care of getting long ago.

Comment

depending on caliber that particular carbine is a bit hard to come by -- and agree very nice looking and well set up

Comment

So it's kind of peeked my attention, released in 2018 16.5" barrel, stainless reciever and barrel, laminate stock with rail . Anyone have one and your thoughts on it if you do? Running around a grand on broker at this time and seems to have excaped previous problems of the merger but still apprehensive on the newer Remlins. I do have a Henry in all weather and a Rossi in stainless but this really has me thinking about pulling the trigger on...
                          I think you would be wise to fondle this one before plunking down the cash. You are right to be suspicious regarding Marlin's quality control issues. I bought a 1894c from Kygunco.com and the action is just not right...not what I had hoped it would be and certainly not as smooth as my Henry!

Comment

Working...
                          X