Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value of a Browning High Grade 1875 1 of 1000 in 30-06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of a Browning High Grade 1875 1 of 1000 in 30-06?

An older gent offered me a trade for his 1984 manufactured 1875 in mint condition Browning High Grade limited chambered in 30-06, 1 of 1000 which is engraved with some gold plating. My firearm is worth about $900 and he's willing to do a trade which he feels is a lopsided deal in my favor. I honestly don't know much about the lever Browning's especially limited runs. Any help or guidance with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I believe this pic I found on the web is the gun as he has described. Does have the box and paperwork to go along with it. Might be a good deal if I want yet another safe Queen...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dale Sr.; 10-08-2019, 04:23 PM.

are you sure it's an 1875? i cant seem to find any reference of that, along with the fact that browning wasn't founded til 1878 so i dont see why they'd have a model designated 1875.

Comment

seems like its an 1895 high grade.

Model 1895 High Grade Deluxe engraved version of Model 1895. Has gold-inlaid game scenes and gold-plated trigger. Features checkered select walnut stock. Produced 2,000 in 1984—1,000 in each caliber. — exc. 1500 vg. 1250 good 900 fair 700 poor 400

Comment

It's called the model 1875. He described the gun as a high grade limited 1 of 1000 1886 but from what I see on the web the 1886 was chamber in 45-70 Govt. and it is 1 of 3000. The only match I found to what he described is the 1875 which was 1 of 1000 chambered and chambered in 30-06. He just texted me as I was typing this and said that it is and 1875 like the pic I put in this thread.

Comment

https://www.gunsamerica.com/98275124...-1-of-1000.htm

and unless this is the same gun you're planning to buy, i think one of one thousand is just something they engraved on it, not actually meaning its number one of the 1000 made. check out his paperwork, if it says 1875 on it i dont think he has a legit gun from the series, maybe a repro or something, idk. i can't find any evidence of a browning 1875 ever existing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post
            It's called the model 1875. He described the gun as a high grade limited 1 of 1000 1886 but from what I see on the web the 1886 was chamber in 45-70 Govt. and it is 1 of 3000. The only match I found to what he described is the 1875 which was 1 of 1000 chambered and chambered in 30-06. He just texted me as I was typing this and said that it is and 1875 like the pic I put in this thread.
            like i said, i'd love to be proved wrong, but i spent ten minutes just searching for the term browning 1875 and found nothing. a search for browning high grade 1895 brought up a gun that looks exactly as one you have posted here.

Comment

Okay so....I heard back and he looked at the rifle and said it's and 1895 NOT and 1875 so that clears up that confusion. That being said...any help with this 1895 limited as far as value goes would be appreciated.

Comment

Okay so....I heard back and he looked at the rifle and said it's and 1895 NOT and 1875 so that clears up that confusion. That being said...any help with this 1895 limited as far as value goes would be appreciated.
                Well if it's in good condition I'd say value wise it's worth a trade. But unless you're going to hang it in a velvet lined glass case, it's not something I would trade for. I tried the whole collecting thing, and I can't do it. Also have to consider that if you don't have any personal desire for it, it doesn't seem like a gun that's easy to just toss up on a listing and sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post
                  seems like its an 1895 high grade.

Model 1895 High Grade Deluxe engraved version of Model 1895. Has gold-inlaid game scenes and gold-plated trigger. Features checkered select walnut stock. Produced 2,000 in 1984—1,000 in each caliber. — exc. 1500 vg. 1250 good 900 fair 700 poor 400
                  Bingo ! I had heard back from this Gent and he had typed the wrong info in his text to me. YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! 1895 high grade.

Comment

Bingo ! I had heard back from this Gent and he had typed the wrong info in his text to me. YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! 1895 high grade.
                    🛎️🛎️🛎️🛎️
                    whado I win?
                    Glad to help your search. Pure value wise it's a good trade. What are you trading for it?

Comment

Two TALO Ruger American Rimfires in Stainless and walnut. Always apprehensive dealing with things that I'm not fully knowledgeable on up front. Hate learning the hard way. The sale of mine was to make another purchase so this Browning unless I fall in love becomes a safe Queen or a flip to continue on with the next purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

Well if it's in good condition I'd say value wise it's worth a trade. But unless you're going to hang it in a velvet lined glass case, it's not something I would trade for. I tried the whole collecting thing, and I can't do it. Also have to consider that if you don't have any personal desire for it, it doesn't seem like a gun that's easy to just toss up on a listing and sell.
                        Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

I was just wondering about what happened with your Talo. This clears that up.

Comment

Decided against the trade for the Browning and another fella purchased both Talo's.

Comment

Working...
                            X