.357 Magnum vs .44 Magnum Lever Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.357 Magnum vs .44 Magnum Lever Actions

both are great. .357 fun versatile shooter, .44 mag great brush gun. and since the video uses the new Henry X models...

44mag
    44mag_project_1.jpg

henryXbigboy_2.jpg

Comment

paul harnell did a good one
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Nice.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

the other question is, which corresponding hand cannon do you shoot better?

Comment

Fired my Henry 357 for the first time Monday and it’s smooth.

Comment

Yeah I'd personally go with .357 with the added bonus of being able to shoot .38 Spl, and pair it up with a Python, hehehe.

Comment

I think this was asked in another thread, but does Henry make a side-loading .357/.44 in blue/wood?

I have them in Winchester/Marlin/Rossi, as well as other calibers, but a couple of Henrys would be cool. (not interested in plastic and/or tube load)
                Last edited by Dan 0351; 10-17-2020, 02:34 PM.
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

• Destro
                  Destro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No they do not. This years X-line, which followed marlin’s 2019 “dark” line model, is their first side loader for the big boy (pistol caliber ) series. Many custom small shops are working on replacement wood stocks and Henry has a fancy wood set on their site which is sold out. It’s just a matter of fitting and I have a few sets which I am currently chiseling/dremeling.

Good info - thanks.

Comment

Deer hunters have been asking this question for years when it comes to handguns. Some good articles out there

Comment

I know many members who want a Marlin .44; here's one that I think is still reasonable. It shows use, but in good shape for where the bidding is now at $655 with 2 hrs/45 min left. If it stays low, I'll bid. If someone here wants to bid, PM me and I'll back off (I have a few of them).
                    Buy Marlin M1894S Lever Action .44 mag-1984: GunBroker is the largest seller of Lever Action Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 880740730

Comment

$805 now.

Comment

I’ve been very pleased with my Big Boy X in .357. For one it definitely seems like ammo is more available and it’s very fun to shoot. (So much so it’s taken a place along side my AR at the front of the safe!)

Comment

The most available ammo right now mimics the least demand ammo. .40cl, .44 spl, and 6.5 creedmore are all much easier to get than 9mm, .38, .357, .308.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                            $805 now.
                            Went for $825.

Comment

• bigbore44
                              bigbore44 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not surprised. It just makes me feel that soo much better about the deal on my last one
                          Working...
                          X