Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR-15 _ 80% complete kit including jig & tools for $59.95, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-15 _ 80% complete kit including jig & tools for $59.95, thoughts?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/554...r80-_-20160510
    Polymer80 G150 Phoenix2 80% Lower Receiver Kit AR-15 Polymer Black.

Features

Unique reinforced polymer design with solid core design
    ATF compliant design
    Beefed up buffer tube ring and ribbing across the entire upper surface area
    No-thread design on pistol grip area
    Stiffenedmagwell, ultra-light design

Feel the difference the second you pick it up! The Polymer80 Lower Receiver features rock solid frame, injection molded from a fully automated system that was two years in the making.

This system is designed as a complete kit. There's NO expensive jig kits and parts to purchase - Polymer80's system is a COMPLETE, all inclusive package in one price!

The Phoenix, Gen2 version features Polymer80's proprietary polymer composite, a solid core design,
    stiffenedmagwell and beefier MILSPEC buffer tube housing. The pistol grip area features a unique no-thread design specific to Polymer80 lowers.

The jig is included in the price of this system The kit comes with drill bits and the end mill bit that's required to finish your AR project the right way.

Parts List: Each Lower and Jig Kit comes with the following:

Part Description:

(1) AR-15 Lower Receiver: G150 Phoenix, Gen2

(1) Set Screw Bolt Catch Pin: 3mm

(1) Dowel Pin for Bolt Catch: 5/8"

(1) Pistol Grip Nut: 3/8"

(1) Pistol Grip Screw: 1.5"

(1) Allen Wrench: 1/16"

Jig Parts List:

(1) AR-15 Jig: J150

(1) End Mill & Stop Collar for Fire Control Pocket: 7/16" End Mill

(1) Drill Bit, Trigger Pin Hole: 5/16" Drill Bit

(1) Drill Bit, Safety Selector Switch Hole: 3/8" Drill Bit

Additional Information
    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

I had one. Unless you know what you are doing and familiar with proper machining, do not buy it.

Comment

I'm not a fan of polymer receivers. Plus you can pickup a quality Anderson lower for less than $50 out the door from a few of the forum sponsors.

Not worth the effort in my opinion.
      Last edited by MossbergMan; 05-11-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post
        I'm not a fan of polymer receivers. ...
        I think only the jig is polymer. But you can use it to complete an aluminum lower.

Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post
        ... Plus you can pickup a quality Anderson lower for less than $50 out the door from a few of the forum sponsors.

Not worth the effort in my opinion.
        But those aren't "ghost gunz"

I'll admit, having a gun the government knows absolutely nothing about has its appeal. But a finished stripped lower that's hassle-free has even more appeal. And I wouldn't even go ultra cheap on them. I don't hear great things about Anderson and PSA. I think in the future, I'll just go with LRB.

To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

I think only the jig is polymer. But you can use it to complete an aluminum lower.

But those aren't "ghost gunz"

I'll admit, having a gun the government knows absolutely nothing about has its appeal. But a finished stripped lower that's hassle-free has even more appeal. And I wouldn't even go ultra cheap on them. I don't hear great things about Anderson and PSA. I think in the future, I'll just go with LRB.

This is a polymer lower as well and the jig it comes with is one time use.
          Ben

Comment

• BLAMMO!!
            BLAMMO!! commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct. My mistake.

I bought one of theses a year or so ago with the intention of using it to practice on before i bought a "real" 80% to actually build. Some day I will try it. There are better 80% jigs out there if you want a "ghost gun". With the potential for Hildebeast in November , buying 80% blanks is not a bad idea.

Comment

Group buy and build party. Do I have a Second on that?
            "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."

Comment

Plastic? No thanks.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                Plastic? No thanks.
                My reservations as well, so my thought was a group build not necessarily this one but one the group thought was a good choice.

Comment

I'd be in on a group build

Comment

Just buy the 6061 or 7075 aluminum 80% lower and do it the right way.
                    Don't waste your time with pplastic lowers.
                    I have a jig to lend out if anyone needs.

Comment

My 80% 7075 sits at 90% for the longest time now....

Comment

Working...
                      X